TRNSMT Lineup 2019

1 minute ago, howgooditwas said:

Friday - Mumford & Sons / Bastille / Manic Street Preachers / Tom Odell / Sigrid / Tom Walker / Pale Waves • King Tuts - YUNGBLUD / slowthai / Cate Le Bon / The Ninth Wave

Saturday - Catfish & The Bottlemen / Gerry Cinnamon / The Vaccines / Bugzy Malone / Sundara Karma / Sam Fender / Dave / The Snuts • King Tuts - Sunflower Bean / Jade Bird / FONTAINES D.C. / The Blinders / Ten Tonnes / Ocean Wisdom / Rascalton / The Dunts / Catherine McGrath

Sunday - George Ezra / Snow Patrol (special guests) / Keane / The Wombats / DMA’S / Lewis Capaldi / IDLES / Nina Nesbitt • King Tuts - The Twilight Sad / Blaenavon / Yungen / Baby Strange / Boy Azooga / Retro Video Club / PLANET / Saint Agnes / KAWALA

That would actually be alright, I’d definitely go for Saturday/Sunday if that was the lineup

2 hours ago, CV022011 said:

Is anybody going to that gig by the way? I’m thinking if I’m not going for the full trnsmt weekend I’ll get myself a ticket, love a bit of Wu Tang Clan

Aye! I am. Wu Tang, Public Enemy & De La Soul. Well worth the £80, if yer planning on going you best check cause I heard standing was sold out. 

9 minutes ago, iforaneye said:

Gerry Cinnamon / The View / DMAs / The Snuts / Vida

That would easy shift 50k tickets just out of Scottish sales alone. Why not just give the people what they want instead of this Doddie Ezra and Stormzy nonsense. 

No doubt G Cinnamon is popular and with decent support he could probs play Summer Sessions or something n shift about 25/30k. That lineup at trnsmt would not easily shift 50k tho. To be honest I feel a lot of people are underestimating how many bands could easily sell out a day at trnsmt and there aren't many imo.

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Gerry COULD headline but won't. If he was announced as a headliner, I wouldn't be surprised. I'd be delighted for the guy tbh. I'd also be avoiding it like the plague unless the undercard was exceptional. 

Set length is the biggest problem for Gerry headlining IMO. He literally only has 13 songs in his catalogue atm, 9 from the album plus discoland, kampfire vampfire, canter and fickle mcselfish. You’d need to add a handful of covers or new songs just to get to a 90 minute long set.

I could see him shifting 50,000 tickets right enough so it depends if DF would be happy to just have him headline for an hour and have more acts on the undercard. 

47 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I could see him shifting 50,000 tickets right enough so it depends if DF would be happy to just have him headline for an hour and have more acts on the undercard. 

I could too to be honest, there's a massive hype about him in Scotland at the moment among young and older people. Also that new Catfish song  sounds like a Razorlight B-side to me but they're bigger than the Strokes so what do I know.

Edited by addicted2noise

11 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Faithless don't exist; Prodigy couldn't.

I don't reckon Prodigy could sell 35,000 tickets in the much bigger and more accessible market of London.

Any idea how much they sold at Victorious? I know it's literqally the other end of the country so slightly different demographics (and Vic has bigger names on the second stage that might influence things too?)

14 hours ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

As for Noel Gallagher, I was at his gig at Edinburgh Castle (£60 a head) and it wasn't sold out. Granted it was a week night but you would have thought a gig in the city centre that Noel Gallagher was playing would sell no problem. 

I think that it was just too many Scottish shows as he played the Hydro & AECC in April, then Biggest Weekend in May & also Electric Fields in August. But he's just announced a gig at the Playhouse which will be interesting to see

8 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Tickets almost always go on sale on a Friday. Wouldn’t be giving folk much notice if it was announced tonight and then on sale tomorrow. Got to be Monday now for the announcement. 

doubt that really matters this year, its hardly going to sell out anytime soon with the line up. they could literally announce it now, put tickets on sale immediately and it wouldn't really make any difference to be fair.