TRNSMT Lineup 2019

Waiting this late I feel it’s going to be very average and they’re scrambling a line up, or they’re waiting to drop an absolute bomb of a left field line up no one is expecting. 

I’m hoping for the latter as the “in the know” people on this forum never actually commit to anything, they’re very smart with their answers in actually not answering anything. 

2 hours ago, Callum Thornhill said:

After a fantastic 2017 and a not-so-fantastic 2018, I've taken a punt on who I think will headline TRNSMT 2019:

https://loosecardiganofideas.com/2019/02/13/trnsmt-2019/

What does everyone think to my predictions?

You stated Liam Gallagher, The Killers and Stereophonics haven't been relevant for a long time then immediately state suitable headliners of The Doves and Ian Brown?

5 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think I could handle Chemical Brothers closing a night if it was in front of the actual headliner in some sort of special guest closing slot, but TRNSMT not booking DJ acts nixes it, and they'd need to extend the curfew for it to work. They got rid of the late curfew last year.

That would be ideal, a 1am late license with someone like them on from half 11-1, will never ever happen though.

22 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I think so too. @eFestivals could this happen? Seems to be more active than many of the festivals that have their own section. All Points East probably too.

Where you around in the old Titp forums? It was like the wild west and we weren't trusted to have a dedicated forum any more. 

Think we don't have a trnsmt forum by association. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Paulk2904 said:

Where you around in the old Titp forums? It was like the wild west and we weren't trusted to have a dedicated forum any more. 

Think we don't have a trnsmt forum by association. 

Aye there was some right idiots in that forum that ruined it for everyone! 

Seem to remember someone called discobadger? Might be making that up though ?

Going for something like:

Stormzy, Young Fathers, The Streets, Slowthai, Bugzy Malone 

Catfish, Gerry Cinnamon, Ian Brown, DMA's, Slaves, Editors, The Snuts

George Ezra, Snow Patrol, Lilly Allen, Lewis Capaldi, The Vaccines, The Fratellis, The Big Moon   

Edit: Add in one more rap orientated act on the Stormzy day, I'm not too well versed on they kinda acts. 

Edited by 67MTR

10 minutes ago, 67MTR said:

Going for something like:

Stormzy, Young Fathers, The Streets, Slowthai, Bugzy Malone 

Catfish, Gerry Cinnamon, Ian Brown, DMA's, Slaves, Editors, The Snuts

George Ezra, Snow Patrol, Lilly Allen, Lewis Capaldi, The Vaccines, The Fratellis, The Big Moon   

Edit: Add in one more rap orientated act on the Stormzy day, I'm not too well versed on they kinda acts. 

Public enemy 

These predictions are mostly artists I wouldn't pay to see, it's a shame but if you look around most the major festivals this year it's exactly the same thing. 

Also people debating the pulling power of some of these artists, just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone else is the same.

As for Noel Gallagher, I was at his gig at Edinburgh Castle (£60 a head) and it wasn't sold out. Granted it was a week night but you would have thought a gig in the city centre that Noel Gallagher was playing would sell no problem. 

The Killers have and will always be headliners. Shouldn't even be up for debate.

1 hour ago, maxdillon7 said:

my predictions (wouldn’t be a massive fan of this lineup (also wouldn’t be surprised if chem brothers appeared (they have london, and manchester headline festivals, so would make sense to have a scottish date somewhere))

friday- STORMZY, the streets, gerry cinnamon, giggs slaves, loyle carner, kano, idles, lady leshurr, slowthai, ladybird

saturday- CATFISH, richard ashcroft, wolf alice, johnny marr, the amazons, dma’s, tom grennan, sam fender

sunday- GEORGE EZRA, (special guest) snow patrol, bastille, the vaccines, kodaline, razorlight, kate nash

Would definitely go the Friday and Sunday. Probably leave before Stormzy came on though. Desperate for The Streets to make an appearance. 

Friday - Mumford & Sons / Bastille / Manic Street Preachers / Tom Odell / Sigrid / Tom Walker / Pale Waves • King Tuts - YUNGBLUD / slowthai / Cate Le Bon / The Ninth Wave

Saturday - Catfish & The Bottlemen / Gerry Cinnamon / The Vaccines / Bugzy Malone / Sundara Karma / Sam Fender / Dave / The Snuts • King Tuts - Sunflower Bean / Jade Bird / FONTAINES D.C. / The Blinders / Ten Tonnes / Ocean Wisdom / Rascalton / The Dunts / Catherine McGrath

Sunday - George Ezra / Snow Patrol (special guests) / Keane / The Wombats / DMA’S / Lewis Capaldi / IDLES / Nina Nesbitt • King Tuts - The Twilight Sad / Blaenavon / Yungen / Baby Strange / Boy Azooga / Retro Video Club / PLANET / Saint Agnes / KAWALA

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Public Enemy would be an extraordinary booking, but their Gods of Rap thing at the Hydro probably rules them out.

Is anybody going to that gig by the way? I’m thinking if I’m not going for the full trnsmt weekend I’ll get myself a ticket, love a bit of Wu Tang Clan