TRNSMT Lineup 2019

2 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Could see a day like Catfish/Snow Patrol/ The Wombats/ Lewis Capadi/ Sam Fender selling very well.

Then maybe Bastille subbing Ezra and Gerry subbing Stormzy maybe just to put him on the day that'll sell the least(I'm guesing)

bang ezra on the friday with bastille. catfish, snow patrol, DMA's, the Snuts, Maybe madness on saturday? sunday hoping for a non stormzy headliner with a gerry, sub, possibly throw ashcroft in there, maybe keane. people who want to watch ezra, bastille and more pop acts can get a friday/ weekend ticket. others can get a 2 day ticket for saturday/sunday ( like i have done the last 2 years)  decent line up, problem solved.

3 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

bang ezra on the friday with bastille. catfish, snow patrol, DMA's, the Snuts, Maybe madness on saturday? sunday hoping for a non stormzy headliner with a gerry, sub, possibly throw ashcroft in there, maybe keane. people who want to watch ezra, bastille and more pop acts can get a friday/ weekend ticket. others can get a 2 day ticket for saturday/sunday ( like i have done the last 2 years)  decent line up, problem solved.

Sadly Ezra is playing a festival in France on the Friday so he'll be Saturday or Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Callum Thornhill said:

After a fantastic 2017 and a not-so-fantastic 2018, I've taken a punt on who I think will headline TRNSMT 2019:

https://loosecardiganofideas.com/2019/02/13/trnsmt-2019/

What does everyone think to my predictions?

You lost me when you said LG and The Killers shouldn't be anywhere near the top of festival lineups which is nonsense.

• Upvote 3

Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

Did it not sell pretty well? I was there n remember it being pretty busy.

Was pretty close to the production bit and it was thinning out where I was. There was more people around me at Kings of Leon last year, and that's being called a poor seller and stuff.

Just now, DomDom1984 said:

Was pretty close to the production bit and it was thinning out where I was. There was more people around me at Kings of Leon last year, and that's being called a poor seller and stuff.

Fairplay, think I was pretty near the front. Noel ripped the arse out if it in Scotland on that tour and then his third album was never gonna be as popular so think his stock has dropped a fair bit.

1 minute ago, maxdillon7 said:

agreed, but for trnsmt it’s only questionable when he’s headlining a fair few other festivals, after a tour and two years of the same album (with no sign of new material) 

considering AM was a U.K. festival exclusive last year, and their first U.K. date for over four years, with a new album... george ezra seems kinda cheap in comparison? or am i being irrational

Two years later doesn't seem to be doing much damage to the demand to see him, given his instant sell out 13 night arena tour.

There's nothing to suggest Ezra shouldn't be at the top end of the bill. I don't see him as anything less than a headliner at this point.

Problem with Noel IMO, in his last album run, he must have neared double figures the amount of Scottish shows he did. Even if trnsmt chose to pick him up, Everyone that wanted to see him probably has done at least once

If it's Stormzy, Catfish and Ezra and a solid enough undercard it will sell

Edited by Chiefski

49 minutes ago, Callum Thornhill said:

After a fantastic 2017 and a not-so-fantastic 2018, I've taken a punt on who I think will headline TRNSMT 2019:

the second i read that top line i knew i would find this article hilarious.

i then read for around 20 seconds, and basically got that arctic monkeys were rubbish and liam gallagher and the killers should be "nowhere near" headline status. immediately closed the article and proceeded to call you an idiot in the forum.

please give up writing about music. 

yours sincerely.

everyone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Callum Thornhill said:

Your persistent use of italics is really offensive. I literally have no idea what you wrote because it bothered me so much.

43 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

the second i read that top line i knew i would find this article hilarious.

i then read for around 20 seconds, and basically got that arctic monkeys were rubbish and liam gallagher and the killers should be "nowhere near" headline status. immediately closed the article and proceeded to call you an idiot in the forum.

please give up writing about music. 

yours sincerely.

everyone.

Sums my thoughts up neatly