TRNSMT Lineup 2019

Just now, wishyboz6 said:

3rd down, subby at a push, but I just don't see how he can headline festivals? He has one album, no universal hits, especially for the TRNSMT demographic, and he isn't popular at all in the West of Scotland. 

He'll probs have 2 albums by the time he plays. He's also playing Glastonbury in June.

1 minute ago, wishyboz6 said:

3rd down, subby at a push, but I just don't see how he can headline festivals? He has one album, no universal hits, especially for the TRNSMT demographic, and he isn't popular at all in the West of Scotland. 

If he’s headlining Glastonbury he will be headlining trnsmt.

Just now, wishyboz6 said:

Yeah he has to be, I don’t know anybody who actually listens to him on such a scale that they’d know his songs, it’s not exactly going to be some great ending to a night if the best we can sing along to is big for your boots

14 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Sub I get but he's not a headliner. I get why he's been chosen to do it by Glasto but honestly they should have just waited until he's big enough. 

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

:lol:

folk saying what's popular who have no idea is my kind of shit.

Just had to look at the crowds at TRNSMT the past two years to know what was/ is very popular, and Stormzy certainly wasn't and still isn't. As I said, sub at most, but the guy is not headline material for a rock/indie festival in the West of Scotland. 

1 minute ago, wishyboz6 said:

Just had to look at the crowds at TRNSMT the past two years to know what was/ is very popular, and Stormzy certainly wasn't and still isn't. As I said, sub at most, but the guy is not headline material for a rock/indie festival in the West of Scotland. 

Why would they book him then over just having Snow Patrol headline?

1 minute ago, iforaneye said:

Glasto and London is a long way from Glasgow though. Not the same audience whatsoever.

It's not the most radically different audience in the world is it. Clearly both Glasto n TRNSMT taking a chance this next album is gonna propel him to being huge. Might say off, might not.

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Smaller than he was then hahaha, don't be silly lol. The guy is headlining Glasto fs.

He hasn't had any new songs out since then, and his songs haven't became much more popular. God fuckin knows how he's headlining glasto.

Also he was 5th down. last time, so no way he can make that jump with no new material. 

1 minute ago, Jayden03 said:

He hasn't had any new songs out since then, and his songs haven't became much more popular. God fuckin knows how he's headlining glasto.

Also he was 5th down. last time, so no way he can make that jump with no new material. 

As I have said, this is Feb, the festival is in July- they'll know when his album is coming out and if it'll be big and book him accordingly.

2 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Anyone saying he is popular and fits the bill is at it. The only way the day he’s headlining will sell out if it contains Ian Brown, DMA’s, Richard Ashcroft, Gerry cinnamon and other football fooligan artists. 

If he wasn't popular then why is he headlining the biggest festival in the world ?