TRNSMT Lineup 2019

36 minutes ago, DownlnAlbion said:

I've had it on very good authority that the lineup is: Stormzy + Chance the rapper, Catfish + Bastille, Snow Patrol + George Ezra. Can't see it selling well if my sources are correct 

19 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Though it's fairly close, and from names mentioned I'd be surprised if it isn't from a reasonably good source. As it matches up with stuff I'd heard at one time or another. 

But it isn't right 

My God, this isnt looking good, looks like its gonna be a no go this year.

11 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

That's what I mean there's probably a big cross over of fans between those bands and the Arctic Monkeys too, they might not sell a day out but would definitely do better that 10,000 tickets.   

You literally only quoted the bit you wanted... he said that despite being a fan of both, Catfish would probably sell more tickets and I agree being a fan of both. We’ll see at All Points East I guess, since that’s where they are playing to the same audience Catfish had last year (with a much stronger undercard to catfish’s too)

11 hours ago, iforaneye said:

Even when they played TITP 2011 you could tell they were over the hill. 

Not even remotely true. 

The crowd were going nuts for them. It was almost as if people were just happy to see a real band for a change instead of utter sh*t like Calvin Harris and the likes which was flooding the T bill at the time. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, thecommon said:

Not even remotely true. 

The crowd were going nuts for them. It was almost as if people were just happy to see a real band for a change instead of utter sh*t like Calvin Harris and the likes which was flooding the T bill at the time. 

not to mention their reading set the same year is seen as one of their best ever...dont know where this guy is getting his info from.

4 minutes ago, Etodd22 said:

Liam Gallagher doing an outdoor Ireland gig at the end of June. Could we see him headlining again this year??? 

Nae chance.

Would t mind  if Noel got announced mind you instead of the dross that’s getting mentioned but I think he’s been ruled out too.

Wish they’d get a move on the buzz with this lot getting mentioned isn’t there it’s just boring now.

48 minutes ago, thecommon said:

Not even remotely true. 

Not even remotely true.

Let's look at the TITP 2011 lineup.

Below you'll see indie acts in green, rock in blue, pop in yellow and dance/electronic in red. This is just the acts who I can remember their genre of the top of my head. I'm ignoring the Slam Tent because it's own beast and has always been there regardless of wider trends in bookings.

Indie: 34
Rock: 24
Pop: 18
Dance: 8

At the time, the T bill was still full of "real bands", while responding to the growing demand from young people (aged 16-25, which was always T's demographic) for electronic acts. It had balance.

TITP2011.png

19 minutes ago, Jayden03 said:

Welp, chance is defo headlining. 

Just a little context to what I'd said earlier 

He was a name I'd heard for a sub at one stage, but as announced this morning he's headlining at Lovebox, and he's not one involved now. 

Edited by Mezhyp1

6 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Not even remotely true.

Below you'll see indie acts in green, rock in blue, pop in yellow and dance/electronic in red. This is just the acts who I can remember their genre of the top of my head. I'm ignoring the Slam Tent because it's own beast and has always been there regardless of wider trends in bookings.

At the time, the T bill was still full of "real bands", while responding to the growing demand from young people (aged 16-25, which was always T's demographic) for electronic acts. It had balance.

TITP2011.png

Away ye go and don't go presenting facts on here

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Not even remotely true.

TITP2011.png

King tuts was outrageous on the Saturday.

Primal scream/Chase and status and ocean colour scene.

12 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Not even remotely true.

TITP2011.png

This lineup is just insane, killer bookings this year honestly. So many major bands booked and loads of great acts booked on their way up. T could have died audience wise in 2010, this lineup just managed to get the people back for one last year honestly.

14 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Not even remotely true.

TITP2011.png

The cost of that lineup nowadays would be unthinkable.

Some amount of choice on the Saturday.

1 minute ago, Jonesy1 said:

The cost of that lineup nowadays would be unthinkable.

Some amount of choice on the Saturday.

Yeah Saturday was tricky. Definitely did a lot of running around. Think I went Paws > Neon Trees > Lafontaines > (odd gap where I've no idea who I saw) > Cancel The Astronauts > Friendly Fires > Jimmy Eat World > Chase & Status > Coldplay

4 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Yeah Saturday was tricky. Definitely did a lot of running around. Think I went Paws > Neon Trees > Lafontaines > (odd gap where I've no idea who I saw) > Cancel The Astronauts > Friendly Fires > Jimmy Eat World > Chase & Status > Coldplay

Would happily do the running around for a lineup like that nowadays.

I started at lafontaines, then went campsite for a while to get absolute paralytic, can remember floating about OCS/Strokes and SHM later on.

1 minute ago, Jonesy1 said:

Would happily do the running around for a lineup like that nowadays.

I started at lafontaines, then went campsite for a while to get absolute paralytic, can remember floating about OCS/Strokes and SHM later on.

Yeah a trip to the campsite could very well have been the void between Lafontaines and CTA?

Big difference to the Sunday where I saw Reverieme, Futures, Naked & Famous, then just set up camp at the main stage for Blondie, Weezer, MCR, Pulp and Foos.

2 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Yeah a trip to the campsite could very well have been the void between Lafontaines and CTA?

Big difference to the Sunday where I saw Reverieme, Futures, Naked & Famous, then just set up camp at the main stage for Blondie, Weezer, MCR, Pulp and Foos.

For any blank spots at T I just presume I was in the campsite getting tanked up.

Our Sundays were slightly similar, can remember spending a good chunk of the early afternoon in the slam tent then just camping out at the main stage for the top 4.

• Upvote 1