TRNSMT Lineup 2019

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Catfish are a poor mans AM really, and they are way more relevant to the age bracket for TRNSMT which is like 16-25 year olds mostly (for that kind of day at least)

They did get a good crowd in 2017 but I'm not sure they've really built on it to justify headlining, if anything most fans I know have realised their second album isn't actually very good.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I'm sorry I just don't buy The Strokes playing their first Scottish show in close to a decade would sell so little (aren't Catfish basically a poor mans Strokes?) but I guess there's just no way of knowing for sure until they play here, I'm not sure if its true but I heard they're doing an arena tour later this year.

Even when they played TITP 2011 you could tell they were over the hill. 

19 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I'm sorry I just don't buy The Strokes playing their first Scottish show in close to a decade would sell so little (aren't Catfish basically a poor mans Strokes?) but I guess there's just no way of knowing for sure until they play here, I'm not sure if its true but I heard they're doing an arena tour later this year.

Being someone who likes both Catfish and The Strokes (although I do prefer The Strokes), I can almost certainly say Catfish would sell better. While I love The Strokes, they just don’t dominate the scene like they used to, and Catfish are way more relevant to the youth these days. The energy at their shows are always great as well, which is a big draw. I think they’re also more widely accessible. While I am quite gutted that The Strokes won’t be there, Catfish can still put on a good show and plenty of people would be happy to see them headline. Catfish also have no Scottish dates, implying they’re saving trnsmt as their Scotland show. I’d say the odds are more likely The Strokes will do an arena tour, which I’m hoping for, although it may be that APE is the only UK show they have this year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CV022011 said:

Being someone who likes both Catfish and The Strokes (although I do prefer The Strokes)

That's what I mean there's probably a big cross over of fans between those bands and the Arctic Monkeys too, they might not sell a day out but would definitely do better that 10,000 tickets.   

11 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

That was terrible. Squeezed on before Swedish House Mafia 

Good point maybe that's put them off working with DF again and might explain the lack of a Scottish date since.

48 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Absolutely pissing down as well. Not just the rain, but piss-filled pints of lager. The line-up that year was quite incredible tbf. 

Line up of the year it could very well be argued, the one I'd have liked to attend but the. I did go the year they had probably the best weather they've ever had.

1 hour ago, Chiefski said:

I like that in the space of a few pages the fear of Stormzy has seen Robbie Williams become a viable and popular choice. Just waiting for the inevitable post where Mez rules him out

To be fair, I'm the only one mentioning liking the idea of Robbie. And that's because I really am a huge fan.

7 hours ago, Chiefski said:

I like that in the space of a few pages the fear of Stormzy has seen Robbie Williams become a viable and popular choice. Just waiting for the inevitable post where Mez rules him out

Not Robbie 

8 hours ago, 5rebbecas said:

@Mezhyp1 what’s the undercard for main stage like? any good for selling tickets to the TRNSMT demographic? trying to pick away at clues to see if it’s gonna be decent haha

Hmm, it's okay actually. Reasonably in line with the headliner each day, with the odd surprise in there 

2013 was a bit meh for me, though Chvrches in the Transmissions tent -and Travis in Tuts were great. 

TITP 2011 was unquestionably the best year I went (10-16). Headliners all over the shop, a main stage run of Blondie/Weezer/MCR/Pulp/Foo Fighters, Chase and Status in a rammed out Tuts, Tom Jones, a quality Arctic Monkeys set.

2014 was also pretty good. Biffy and Calvin Harris bothfinally headlining and putting on unreal shows, Franz Ferdinand and Human League in Tuts.

• Like 1