TRNSMT Lineup 2019

On 2/10/2019 at 12:02 PM, TheFieryFurnace18 said:

Gerry would sell tickets but surely can't be a stand alone headliner

A stand-alone Gerry Cinnamon @ Glasgow Green or Summer Session at Bellahouston would sell-out so don't understand why he couldn't headline TRNSMT which would be even easier to sell. 

Can't believe Courteeners hadn't already been suggested, how did we overlook them. Basically nailed on at this point I think, definitely could headline TRNSMT even after playing last year, Liam G day sold out quick and was stacked for Manc music fans already.

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Can't believe Courteeners hadn't already been suggested, how did we overlook them. Basically nailed on at this point I think, definitely could headline TRNSMT even after playing last year, Liam G day sold out quick and was stacked for Manc music fans already.

They're playing Edinburgh Summer Sessions, and there's no crossover with Trnsmt. 

I’d be up for Robbie Williams, as long as it keeps George Ezra as a sub (or better yet not there at all), Snow Patrol and Williams on the same day would be magic compared to some of the suggestions people have made here, I’ll be holding out hope that I’ll be belting out chasing cars and she’s the one come July

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

DF Concerts used to hold back T in the Park announcements until after artists had played other shows they were promoting. Wondering if that could be holding up the announcement?

DF are promoting both Post Malone and Twenty One Pilots at The Hydro in the next few weeks?

Not a bad theory, but flawed so far as neither of them are playing trnsmt

11 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The Strokes alone wouldn't sell 10k tickets in Glasgow, I'm not convinced they'd sell a lot more than 5k 

I'm sorry I just don't buy The Strokes playing their first Scottish show in close to a decade would sell so little (aren't Catfish basically a poor mans Strokes?) but I guess there's just no way of knowing for sure until they play here, I'm not sure if its true but I heard they're doing an arena tour later this year.

6 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I'm sorry I just don't buy The Strokes playing their first Scottish show in close to a decade would sell so little (aren't Catfish basically a poor mans Strokes?) but I guess there's just no way of knowing for sure until they play here, I'm not sure if its true but I heard they're doing an arena tour later this year.

Catfish are a poor mans AM really, and they are way more relevant to the age bracket for TRNSMT which is like 16-25 year olds mostly (for that kind of day at least)

I don't see why not 21p or Post Malone, they'd both sell well i'm sure. Post doesn't really seem to be doing festivals other than R&L and Bonnaroo, probably won't be many more if any more announced. 21 Pilots works well with their current tour dates, slotting in as their first Europe date.