TRNSMT Lineup 2019

2 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Cheers. Still think this week? No idea why I'm fussed as I can't make it this year but still intrigued.

Aye as far as I'm aware, I was only ever told the second week in February once I asked, so don't see why it would have changed. I thought it might have been today, but it isn't. 

I don't think they need to have been in a massive rush to get it out, let people's finances recover from the Christmas period and keep people guessing until it's announced. Despite some of the preconceptions of people on here, I think it'll sell fine anyway without looking strong to many. Certainly better than the likes of Queen did last year, and it's only 3 days this year, so that'll help too. 

14 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Who on earth plays 2 massive festivals in the same city within a month of each other, don't be silly.

APE seems to fit them perfectly tbh, they would absoluetly not sell better at TRNSMT, they aren't that popular. Dunno why it is so hard to understand.

All im saying is, they could do 2 festivals in a month and would still sell more than these acts, they sold out the etihad here in manchester in all of 15 minutes, thats 50k tickets straight away. 

just massively disagree with the strokes comment, think they 100% fit this kind of festival crowd more than what would attend APE, they are also still a popular band, if they announced an arena tour, it would sell out straight away.

3 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

All im saying is, they could do 2 festivals in a month and would still sell more than these acts, they sold out the etihad here in manchester in all of 15 minutes, thats 50k tickets straight away. 

just massively disagree with the strokes comment, think they 100% fit this kind of festival crowd more than what would attend APE, they are also still a popular band, if they announced an arena tour, it would sell out straight away.

They've literally booked Foo Fighters for the month after just down the road, anyone that wants to see them can go there.

Can say it till I'm blue in the face but no way would the Strokes sell out an arena tour straight away. Also you are shockingly misinforned if you think The Strokes would sell better at this than for example a George Ezra etc.

8 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

They've literally booked Foo Fighters for the month after just down the road, anyone that wants to see them can go there.

Can say it till I'm blue in the face but no way would the Strokes sell out an arena tour straight away. Also you are shockingly misinforned if you think The Strokes would sell better at this than for example a George Ezra etc.

yeah well, thats your opinion. i strongly disagree...

21 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Aye as far as I'm aware, I was only ever told the second week in February once I asked, so don't see why it would have changed. I thought it might have been today, but it isn't. 

I don't think they need to have been in a massive rush to get it out, let people's finances recover from the Christmas period and keep people guessing until it's announced. Despite some of the preconceptions of people on here, I think it'll sell fine anyway without looking strong to many. Certainly better than the likes of Queen did last year, and it's only 3 days this year, so that'll help too. 

will the people who have been happy with the lineup the last 2 years be happy with this one ??

1 minute ago, lau2327 said:

will the people who have been happy with the lineup the last 2 years be happy with this one ??

Plenty of them will, but people need to get over that hurdle of personal preference to actually understand what's popular (and indeed possible) for a festival this summer. 

15 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

The amount of acts that could sell an arena tour stright away are pretty small. Last time The Strokes played the UK it sold so badly they literally had to give tickets away and they've released 0 albums since.

they only played one gig at BST that has a terrible reputation, i have only heard bad things about that event and would avoid either way.

more people attend arena tours also due to the seating option and them being more easily accessible.  they would 100% sell more tickets to an arena tour. its been years since they did one, and i believe the market is there for them. 

2 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

they only played one gig at BST that has a terrible reputation, i have only heard bad things about that event and would avoid either way.

more people attend arena tours also due to the seating option and them being more easily accessible.  they would 100% sell more tickets to an arena tour. its been years since they did one, and i believe the market is there for them. 

Might have a terrible reputation but plenty of big bands sell well there. Also what would they be doing an arena tour for with no new album? I don't think there's many people sitting at home thinking I  hope The Strokes do an arena tour so I can sit and watch them. Maybe they're popular amongst your mates and if you want to see them a lot just go to APE.

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

in regards to the assumed line up, a huge amount of people have now already been offered near 50% off (£30 off saturday tickets or £40 off weekend tickets) neighbourhood tickets in my area (warrington) George ezra is currently being drastically outsold by richard ashcroft and tickets are pretty much half sold (12.5k) after 3 months. got to repeat i dont think hes big enough to headline a festival needing to shift 50k tickets. 

9 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

in regards to the assumed line up, a huge amount of people have now already been offered near 50% off (£30 off saturday tickets or £40 off weekend tickets) neighbourhood tickets in my area (warrington) George ezra is currently being drastically outsold by richard ashcroft and tickets are pretty much half sold (12.5k) after 3 months. got to repeat i dont think hes big enough to headline a festival needing to shift 50k tickets. 

Agreed. There’s 12 of us not going to neighbourhood this year because he’s headlining the Saturday. In comparison to last year when it sold out instantly.

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

On the first TRNSMT, they only really started the build on the day of the announcement and then released it later that night.

Looks like it’ll be the same this year then.

14 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

Did you not say if TRNSMT don't announce soon you're going to go to IOW which is also headlined by Geroge Ezra?

Looking at that Neighbourhood lineup last year I feel they went way too specifi with the types of acts they booked to the point were they had none left for another year.

I think the mistake of having George Ezra is due to how he's playing a 12 date arena tour in March so a lot of people won't be as keen to go again so soon, with 2 sold out shows at Manchester Arena. Also, he's being picked to headline too many festivals this summer as he's also been announced for Parklife which is only a 40 minute drive from Warrington. 

8 minutes ago, gordo1701 said:

I think the mistake of having George Ezra is due to how he's playing a 12 date arena tour in March so a lot of people won't be as keen to go again so soon, with 2 sold out shows at Manchester Arena. Also, he's being picked to headline too many festivals this summer as he's also been announced for Parklife which is only a 40 minute drive from Warrington. 

Seems a bit like LG last year, he played a load of festivals cause he was a massive ticket-shifter just like George Ezra is now.

30 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Did you not say if TRNSMT don't announce soon you're going to go to IOW which is also headlined by Geroge Ezra?

Looking at that Neighbourhood lineup last year I feel they went way too specifi with the types of acts they booked to the point were they had none left for another year.

yes, looking at a friday and sunday day ticket. saturday to enjoy the beaches. admittedly IOW has that added bonus that if a day isnt to your liking, a hot day at the beach in the middle of june isnt a bad substitute while you're there.