TRNSMT Lineup 2019

49 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Rightly or wrongly I’m thinking that means they’ll be at a Scottish festival announcing soon, so TRNSMT seems the most likely option. Not sure what headliner they’d be an obvious undercard act for though 

C2A9633E-21B1-4F29-8D4C-9181C356FEA1.jpeg

Well they won’t be close to being an undercard, that’s for sure. 

51 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Rightly or wrongly I’m thinking that means they’ll be at a Scottish festival announcing soon, so TRNSMT seems the most likely option. Not sure what headliner they’d be an obvious undercard act for though 

C2A9633E-21B1-4F29-8D4C-9181C356FEA1.jpeg

I don't believe they're at Trnsmt. Though there's a few of the undercard I can't remember/didn't get to, so it isn't impossible. I like them though so think I'd have been aware 

25 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

@Mezhyp1 Managed to find out the announcement date?

Nah didn't get a chance

5 hours ago, Barnabylike said:

Friday - 

Foals (Headliner)

Catfish and The Bottlemen (Special Guests)

Wolf Alice

MGMT

Gerry Cinnamon

Slaves

Idles

The Amazons

Saturday -

The Who (Headliner)

Elbow

Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls

Cage The Elephant

Franz Ferdinand

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Goodbye June

Rainbow Maniac

Sunday -

Queens of The Stone Age - (Headliner)

Royal Blood

The Raconteurs

Dropkick Murphys

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes

Kaleo

Rival Sons

Greta Van Fleet

Royal blood will play r and l as their only UK date of 2019 so they must be ruled out.

There are only 7 acts on the main stage.

Queens of the stone age are having a year off so they are also ruled out 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

It would sell plenty tickets, relax. Who would you have booked instead that's realistic?

Of Who seems to be active this year? off the top of my head, Foo fighters, the Strokes, Red hot chilli peppers, Mumford and Sons, Biffy clyro Would all be better choices, even some older heads like the who would open it to another target audience, because right now those headliners seem heavily targeted towards 14 year olds.

13 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

Of Who seems to be active this year? off the top of my head, Foo fighters, the Strokes, Red hot chilli peppers, Mumford and Sons, Biffy clyro Would all be better choices, even some older heads like the who would open it to another target audience, because right now those headliners seem heavily targeted towards 14 year olds.

Foo Fighters you can see in Glasgow the month after. The Strokes just aren't as popular as you think tbh, I'm going to see them in London and doubt that will even sell out and it's their first gig in UK for 4 years. RHCP were dug meat at T in 2016 and not even sure they're active. M&S fair enough, big but not my thing. Biffy again would probs sell well you're right but I think for a festival only 2 years old there shouldn't be repeats on the third year.

16 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Foo Fighters you can see in Glasgow the month after. The Strokes just aren't as popular as you think tbh, I'm going to see them in London and doubt that will even sell out and it's their first gig in UK for 4 years. RHCP were dug meat at T in 2016 and not even sure they're active. M&S fair enough, big but not my thing. Biffy again would probs sell well you're right but I think for a festival only 2 years old there shouldn't be repeats on the third year.

Foo Fighters could easily sell both, disagree with the strokes comment, it seems like a terrible choice for what seems to be their only uk show, they would do a hell of a lot better at Trnsmt than all points east, RHCP depends on your opinion, i went to their last tour and thought they were awesome, their name sells tickets either way. agree with the comment about biffy but if they co headlined with a smaller act, maybe catfish i dont think that would matter.

12 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Not today

getting so bored of this, only waiting for the line up to come out to see if i'm booking trnsmt or isle of wight, if its not this week, ill just book IOW whether or not. i would imagine theyre losing out on sales to other festivals by bringing the line up out so late?

RHCP wouldn't sell day tickets like some think, but put them on a decent weekend and they'd help I think.

I can't see DF caring about repeat headliners btw. They never have before, so why care now. That said, they'll be keeping Biffy for the tail end of their tour. They did that for the last two albums, with T and TRNSMT, so they'll do that again. Biffy are nailed on for next year.

Foo Fighters aren't about in July.

Mumford and Sons are definitely a shout. If Stormzy is a headliner then Mumfords not getting booked instead would strike me as odd, as they're definitely more of a sure thing.

1 minute ago, rawzyj said:

Foo Fighters could easily sell both

Who on earth plays 2 massive festivals in the same city within a month of each other, don't be silly.

2 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

it seems like a terrible choice for what seems to be their only uk show, they would do a hell of a lot better at Trnsmt than all points east

APE seems to fit them perfectly tbh, they would absoluetly not sell better at TRNSMT, they aren't that popular. Dunno why it is so hard to understand.

2 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Who on earth plays 2 massive festivals in the same city within a month of each other, don't be silly.

APE seems to fit them perfectly tbh, they would absoluetly not sell better at TRNSMT, they aren't that popular. Dunno why it is so hard to understand.

The Strokes alone wouldn't sell 10k tickets in Glasgow, I'm not convinced they'd sell a lot more than 5k 

I think they could sell a decent amount tbh. Maybe an arena amount, but not sure. But they aren't the draw people are desperate for them to be. Once again, it's people taking their own tastes and desperate for those tastes to be the tastes of the masses.

And this raw guy is the worst I've seen on here for it.