TRNSMT Lineup 2019

Stormzy is very now ! And you have to have a now Headline spot ! 

Also Ezra is the most requested artist of the last few years on all festival feedback question airs ! Neither are my thing but from a business perspective if you have the budget and know they will shift tickets you would do it !

T in the park fell into the trap of trying to satisfy the old fart brigade but always had to get Calvin in on the line up to sell it to the youth ! Unfortunately it brought the wrong crowd, DF have to have a balance of young and old ! Only difference now is the youth go home instead of causing chaos in the campsite! 

Controversial I know but it’s how it is . 

Catfish look dead certain. Just announced their arena run and no scotland date. Also said on radio 1 that they had a big UK festival planned. So far not been announced for any, so with R&L pretty much ruled out, looks like they’re headlining. Ezra probably aswell seen had he’s been put on almost everything 

Edited by Kai

7 hours ago, Kai said:

Catfish look dead certain. Just announced their arena run and no scotland date. Also said on radio 1 that they had a big UK festival planned. So far not been announced for any, so with R&L pretty much ruled out, looks like they’re headlining. Ezra probably aswell seen had he’s been put on almost everything 

Lol

what a shambles ...

8 hours ago, Kai said:

Or they could do Glastonbury or big weekend

Catfish, Ezra, Stormzy seems a bit too current to me for Geoff.

Although not my scene, part of me would admire that for giving younger bands a go.

Caught the end of Catfish headlining Kendal last year and by all accounts they went down well. I also remember watching them in the introducing tent at Balado years back so fair play to them if they get the top spot.

Weve had Radiohead and Queen last couple of years so that’s why I have my doubts on these 3 although it looks as likely as anything else mentioned here.

13 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Catfish, Ezra, Stormzy seems a bit too current to me for Geoff.

Although not my scene, part of me would admire that for giving younger bands a go.

Caught the end of Catfish headlining Kendal last year and by all accounts they went down well. I also remember watching them in the introducing tent at Balado years back so fair play to them if they get the top spot.

Weve had Radiohead and Queen last couple of years so that’s why I have my doubts on these 3 although it looks as likely as anything else mentioned here.

I think Catfish are headinling.

Could stromzy and geroge Ezra co headline.

Could the final headliner be the strokes.

10 hours ago, Kai said:

I would imagine it's Glastonbury as well.

37 minutes ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

Who would everyone like to see headline? 

Don’t say Fleetwood Mac, be realistic. 

Not many good acts touring or doing festivals this summer.

Think Catfish would be a perfect headliner for TRNSMT, young act with a big following and genuine live chops. Ezra is a great live act but lacks the excitement factor but he'll sell tickets. Strokes are still big enough to headline but I think Stormzy would sell better, ideally you'd want an older established act with a combo of catfish and stormzy and I imagine Muse would be the biggest seller but doesn't look like that's happening. Gerry would sell tickets but surely can't be a stand alone headliner

1 hour ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

Florence alongside 2 of stormzy, Ezra, catfish would have had a better balance I reckon. A previous Glastonbury headliner, one from this year and one for the future.

I know it won’t happen but I would have liked the Friday to be Sleaford Mods into Young Fathers with the later finish that Radiohead got.

If they do  go with the 3 younger acts they might shore up the undercard with older types which might not Work.

Im thinking 3 along the lines James, ocs, doves, Manics, cast.

Could Chic sub Ezra ?

3 hours ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

Friday - 

Foals (Headliner)

Catfish and The Bottlemen (Special Guests)

Wolf Alice

MGMT

Gerry Cinnamon

Slaves

Idles

The Amazons

Saturday -

The Who (Headliner)

Elbow

Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls

Cage The Elephant

Franz Ferdinand

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Goodbye June

Rainbow Maniac

Sunday -

Queens of The Stone Age - (Headliner)

Royal Blood

The Raconteurs

Dropkick Murphys

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes

Kaleo

Rival Sons

Greta Van Fleet

5 minutes ago, Barnabylike said:

Friday - 

Foals (Headliner)

Catfish and The Bottlemen (Special Guests)

Wolf Alice

MGMT

Gerry Cinnamon

Slaves

Idles

The Amazons

Saturday -

The Who (Headliner)

Elbow

Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls

Cage The Elephant

Franz Ferdinand

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Goodbye June

Rainbow Maniac

Sunday -

Queens of The Stone Age - (Headliner)

Royal Blood

The Raconteurs

Dropkick Murphys

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes

Kaleo

Rival Sons

Greta Van Fleet

Is that in order? Because MGMT Should be headlining and GVF shouldn't be that far down.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jayden03 said:

Is that in order? Because MGMT Should be headlining and GVF shouldn't be that far down.

Some sort of order, MGMT haven't been around for a while on the festival circuit and their last album didn't perform amazingly. I couldn't justify putting them above a mercury prize winner (Wolf Alice) and one of the biggest indie rock acts in Britain (Catfish). also I've put Greta Van Fleet down that low judging by where they were placed on the Download 2018 Line Up (very low down) and that both Rival Sons and Kaleo are more established acts and I couldn't put them at the bottom of the line up.

Edited by Barnabylike

19 minutes ago, Jayden03 said:

Yeah may as well just have them headline all 3 nights to be honest.

I don't see the problem with having Catfish/Ezra/someone else, even if they don't sell out they are both much cheaper acts than like Arctics or Killers or Queen from this year so they would probably have a similar return really. The undercard for them would also be cheaper probably.

6 hours ago, rawzyj said:

Conversations been going on for a while, but I just simply cannot accept that catfish, Ezra and stormzy will headline. SURELY they know that wouldn’t sell tickets. 

It would sell plenty tickets, relax. Who would you have booked instead that's realistic?

4 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Florence alongside 2 of stormzy, Ezra, catfish would have had a better balance I reckon. A previous Glastonbury headliner, one from this year and one for the future.

I know it won’t happen but I would have liked the Friday to be Sleaford Mods into Young Fathers with the later finish that Radiohead got.

If they do  go with the 3 younger acts they might shore up the undercard with older types which might not Work.

Im thinking 3 along the lines James, ocs, doves, Manics, cast.

Could Chic sub Ezra ?

I don't think Florence has sold out her 2 Edinburgh gigs which must be like 10k total so doubt shed be a better option.