TRNSMT Lineup 2019

19 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

I don’t get why people are so sold on Catfish headlining this. Do we need to remind ourselves that they had to resort to a 2-4-1 offer on their Summer Sessions gig last summer (which had a much smaller capacity than TRNSMT does)?

Their day was fairly busy, and it was a poor sales festival all round, and I think it was more down to the over saturation of the market than the acts themselves.

Which explains why they announced the SS gigs first this time around.

25 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

I don’t get why people are so sold on Catfish headlining this. Do we need to remind ourselves that they had to resort to a 2-4-1 offer on their Summer Sessions gig last summer (which had a much smaller capacity than TRNSMT does)?

They briefly offered 2-4-1 on the Catfish day but after that it was just the other 2. They sold more then Kendrick Lamar who is undoubtedly a massive name. The day was actually very busy and not shocked if they've been booked for this. 

12 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

i reckon they will have a pretty strong sub, probably snow patrol or gerry which would help, although their SS show had twin atlantic ( who have a pretty strong following in scotland) along with DMA's and Peace. so i do think they would have to go all out. there is probably a few people who would buy a trnsmt ticket regardless of the line up, i noticed the pre sale sold out according to the website. so maybe that would help, every headliner does seem way too small to headline though.

12 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

They briefly offered 2-4-1 on the Catfish day but after that it was just the other 2. They sold more then Kendrick Lamar who is undoubtedly a massive name. The day was actually very busy and not shocked if they've been booked for this. 

Would it not be fair to say that kendrick lamar is a bigger act than stormzy? and if he couldnt sell out bellahouston with 2-4-1 tickets then stormzy can be written off as at least a headliner?

7 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

Would it not be fair to say that kendrick lamar is a bigger act than stormzy? and if he couldnt sell out bellahouston with 2-4-1 tickets then stormzy can be written off as at least a headliner?

Kendrick Lamar is a bigger name atm yeah, but to be fair Stormzy is only going to get more popular in the coming months cause I'm assuming he'll have a new single soon plus he's doing Glasto.

I don't think Summer Sessions last year is always a great indicator. Kendrick sold out the Hydro rapid, but summer sessions last year seemed rushed and announced late. They've clearly learned their lesson this year and announced early.

20 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Absolutely no chance CH or any other shite Edm djs  I’m talking acts like  Chemical brothers/Prodigy/Chase and status/Faithless or daft punk

Prodigy always pop up at Indie/rock festivals, wouldn't be surprised to see them at trnsmt eventually.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, wishyboz6 said:

So has Stormzy but everyone is clamouring over him saying he fits the bill. He will not headline this. It would go against the organisers claims of it being a rock/indie festival. 

Stormzy only has one album out and he's headlining Glasto? Hahahaha.

Arctic Monkeys and The Killers did it on two, which is just enough for a headline slot but one. Nah.

18 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Kendrick Lamar is much bigger and popular and he struggled at the Summer Sessions to sell tickets. Stormzy would be even worse. It isn’t going to happen. Why would they risk it when they know having Gerry Cinnamon as a headliner would sell more (not that I’m ever condoning that). 

I think it was just too soon after the Hydro show. That sold out but over time & tickets were quite pricey for those shoes. It was announced the day after the Hydro show. Doubt Stormzy would sell that well but stranger things have happened 

11 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Absolutely nobody thinks Dua Lipa is headlining, outside of one total idiot.

And we'll also count you as one of the many who'll deservedly be left behind in the evolution of major festivals.

I'm not an idiot just throwing out an idea it's honestly not a bad shout. She'd probably be a better announcement than George Ezra or Stormzy but whatever. I don't think she'll get announced but it's a suggestion 

• Upvote 1