TRNSMT Lineup 2019

Is the most likely prediction at the moment Catfish/Ezra/Stormzy then? If it is, that is a huge risk on TRNSMT's end.

Stormzy will be going in off the back of headlining Glasto but on the other hand does have a very questionable popularity with the typical TRNSMT audience, especially given the other two headliners.

George Ezra, to be fair, is headlining a lot of festivals of a similar size (Isle of Wight, Parklife, Latitude), so bookers obviously do have some faith in him. He is undoubtedly one of the hottest acts in the UK right now but I can see the issue with him doing festivals. A lot of the people attending his concerts are likely to be children and their parents, and generally people who wouldn't tend to go to a festival. I'd be interested to see how he'll do as a headliner (I don't think Neighbourhood is a fair example to use, there was obviously a lot of hype around the first year and he is almost definitely a better ticket seller than Richard Ashcroft. This year's undercard is arguably weaker too so that wouldn't help with ticket sales).

Catfish have been headlining festivals slightly smaller than this for a couple of years so, with the new album, it really wouldn't be a huge push to see them headline. The issue is Catfish shouldn't be the 'safest' headliner on their first ever major festival headline spot. If they were there with two established headliners, they wouldn't be a problem at all but now they seem slightly underwhelming.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I was ridiculing the idea of comparing Ezra to the likes of Robbie and Olly Murs earlier, as I was right to do. A comparison to Ed Sheeran would probably have merit though. That said, I don't think they'd get him to play, purely down to the pop stigma that now follows him than anything else.

i would say that pop stigma is exactly the same for george ezra that it is for ed sheeran. 

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I was ridiculing the idea of comparing Ezra to the likes of Robbie and Olly Murs earlier, as I was right to do. A comparison to Ed Sheeran would probably have merit though. That said, I don't think they'd get him to play, purely down to the pop stigma that now follows him than anything else.

Sheeran’s too big, else it’d have happened already.

5 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

My outside bet would maybe be Dua Lipa she's meant to be releasing a new album I'm sure and is arguably on the same popularity level as George Ezra (if not bigger)if that's the crowd they're trying to appeal to. Would be a safer option than Stormzy imo

Not the worst guess

Just now, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

Easy isn't it

The Eagles - not playing

Supported Bruno Mars last year didn't get much of a crowd as well as she said in an interview she is not doing as many festivals this year as she is working on her album she has also just completed her 1st album world tour. 

38 minutes ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

How many albums Dua Lipa got out only one currently isn't it?

She's going to be huge but bit early for her to be headlining ain't it?

So has Stormzy but everyone is clamouring over him saying he fits the bill. He will not headline this. It would go against the organisers claims of it being a rock/indie festival.