TRNSMT Lineup 2019

11 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Any in Scotland the same size you recommend??

Pretty sure he said he was travelling up from England. Also why is size the issue, surely it's the types acts being booked? With both Glasgow & Ed Summer sessions plus TRNSMT surely enough there to satisfy most people. Or you could travel elsewhere if bands you like are playing somewhere else instead of moaning about the potential trnsmt lineup

I wouldn't pay to watch any of Ezra/Catifsh/Stormzy myself but I'm sure most people would.

If you actually look at the current line ups that have been announced for festivals so far, most the headliners aren't exactly top quality IMO.

To expect the likes of Fleetwood Mac, The Who and so on to come up here and play a festival when they're charging silly prices just for one seated ticket is wishful thinking.

Personally I think the line ups for Edinburgh Summer Sessions and Glasgow Summer Sessions/Nights are very very good.

32 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Pretty sure he said he was travelling up from England. Also why is size the issue, surely it's the types acts being booked? With both Glasgow & Ed Summer sessions plus TRNSMT surely enough there to satisfy most people. Or you could travel elsewhere if bands you like are playing somewhere else instead of moaning about the potential trnsmt lineup

I am travelling elsewhere.

Personally speaking I’m moaning because of the bands I used to see at titp compared to the dross that’s getting mentioned on here.

But as someone quite rightly said festivals are moving on so if that makes me a auld fart so be it.

It would  my day if someone started a proper camping festival same size as balado and put DF out of business.

4 hours ago, Red Day said:

I'd suggest NOS that weekend but last heap of announcements have been crap.  Think BSC are playing Music Hall on the Sunday of Transmit 

Aye. I'm seeing them the week after at Ramblin Man Fair. I like them but they need to fuck off for a while, I feel like they're playing in every gig, pub, craphouse that I go to! Probably still go.........better than staying in and watching Corrie innit.

16 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Personally speaking I’m moaning because of the bands I used to see at titp compared to the dross that’s getting mentioned on here.

But as someone quite rightly said festivals are moving on so if that makes me a auld fart so be it.

It would  my day if someone started a proper camping festival same size as balado and put DF out of business.

Welcome to me in 2012 looking at the TiTP lineup I already had a ticket for. Voted with my feet and never looked back. TRNSMT got me with Radiohead and Queen but there's not many of the current crop would get me there. Their loss, I still go to festivals. Let it go, book something else and suddenly feel much happier :) 

Try Belladrum and Electric Fields etc. Nobody is putting a 50k+ festival together from scratch nowadays. Support what is there and they might just grow into what you want. Although I suspect after attending a few, what you want will change :) 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, King_Salmon123 said:

Can see me binning this and going to All Points East In London instead. Being from the north of Scotland it costs the same to get there anyway!

Yep. Am just up the coast from you. When you gotta travel anyways it doesn't really matter if it's 4 hours to Glasgow or 4 hours to south England. 3 drives to the mid England in a summer gets a bit tiresome but when you get 4 days to "rest" it's no worse than driving to Glasgow and back the next day :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Threestripes said:

It’s been 10 years since T put on a decent show, Ellis killed the festival for ever with the way he set it up at the end, the one thing I’ll give TRSMT is it’s so much safer for the young uns

id never dream of letting my 16yr old go to T, no problems with TRNSMT

look at who’s playing this summer in Scotland it’s a brilliant lineup!!

if TRNSMT go with your Ezra’s, Stormzy’s etc fair enough, let the youngsters have their day in the sun

2011 was one of the best non Glasto lineups I've ever seen. 2014 had some outstanding variety and a pretty hefty shift from the previous two years. 2012 was horribly weak and I didn't watch much that weekend.

2013 was fun. Again, weak, but a variety of great sets made it worth it in the end. Can't remember much about the last two lineups.

Didn't care much about the weather. Losdsa people leaving the site while I'm sitting drinking a can of lager outside my tent on my camping chair. Wee cousin beside me talking about the "destroyed souls". Good times. I was more offended by the shite music at the end of the Saturday night.