TRNSMT Lineup 2019

I'm gonna throw out my new prediction that it's gonna be Mumfords, Catfish and George Ezra and some combination of White Lies, Editors, Nina Nesbitt, KT Tunstall, Rudimental, Sigrid & possibly Lana Del Rey as some of the undercard. 

Pretty disappointing considering we were starting the rumours with huge huge names. But it'll probably sell well tbh, but I'll probably skip going this year if they don't pull something brilliant out of the bag.

7 minutes ago, Claire96 said:

I'm gonna throw out my new prediction that it's gonna be Mumfords, Catfish and George Ezra and some combination of White Lies, Editors, Nina Nesbitt, KT Tunstall, Rudimental, Sigrid & possibly Lana Del Rey as some of the undercard. 

Pretty disappointing considering we were starting the rumours with huge huge names. But it'll probably sell well tbh, but I'll probably skip going this year if they don't pull something brilliant out of the bag.

Have you seen the above, Stormzy.

48 minutes ago, Claire96 said:

Lana Del Rey isn't gonna sub a festival headlined by Catfish & the Bottlemen. Also she's a UK exclusive at Latitude. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

and yet, if it's those three, it's what sells.

So maybe blame the audience rather than someone who is satisfying the demand..?

You reckon that's a fair guess at the headliners ?  Agree it probably satisfies the audience they'll be aiming for, but it really is a bit shit 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and yet, if it's those three, it's what sells.

So maybe blame the audience rather than someone who is satisfying the demand..?

i seriously cannot comprehend how someone thinks those 3 headliners would sell tickets. for the simple fact that none of these acts have headlined before, 2 of which the vast majority dont want to see headlining in stormzy and ezra. 

people spoke about reading and leeds evolving but when they elevate acts to headline status they do it alongside household names or as part of a 2 act co headline slot. e.g. fall out boy got elevated to co headliner alongside biffy clyro, the 1975 got elevated to headliner but Foo fighters are on the card to sell tickets. when biffy clyro were promoted in 2013 it was alongside established names in Eminem and Green day.

You cant elevate 3 acts at once and expect it not to flop hard. 

1 minute ago, rawzyj said:

i seriously cannot comprehend how someone thinks those 3 headliners would sell tickets. for the simple fact that none of these acts have headlined before, 2 of which the vast majority dont want to see headlining in stormzy and ezra. 

people spoke about reading and leeds evolving but when they elevate acts to headline status they do it alongside household names or as part of a 2 act co headline slot. e.g. fall out boy got elevated to co headliner alongside biffy clyro, the 1975 got elevated to headliner but Foo fighters are on the card to sell tickets. when biffy clyro were promoted in 2013 it was alongside established names in Eminem and Green day.

You cant elevate 3 acts at once and expect it not to flop hard. 

if those are the headline acts they'll have others with them, and it'll perhaps seem a bit more balanced even to someone of your mind.

And you're seriously off the ball. Ezra is about the hottest ticket there is right now, and while Stormzy might look weak at this moment there's likely to be a hugely different perspective on him by the time the show comes around - because of Glastonbury (seen it happen many times before).

Catfish: well, weirdly people like them. Like with Ezra I can't really understand why, but never mind.

Just now, eFestivals said:

if those are the headline acts they'll have others with them, and it'll perhaps seem a bit more balanced even to someone of your mind.

They apparently have Gerry Cinnamon and Snow Patrol elsewhere across the weekend - I think those will be pretty valuable in keeping this thing upright.