TRNSMT Lineup 2019

3 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

If Florence is out, there's not many options left. KoL, Catish, Snow Patrol, Stormzy, Paolo Nutini? Can't think of any more tbh.

Could be a curve ball like queen were fingers crossed.

Btw I’ve been told this isn’t a dance act festival so you can rule stormzy out.

1 hour ago, Blair G said:

Is it a possibility Trnsmt could be moving away from the indie/ rock theme ? 

not if they were smart, there's a huge gap in the market with the way festivals seem to have evolved over the last few years. leeds and reading have disappointed for the last few years, v festival went too pop orientated and died a death, T in the park is dead, glastonbury booking stormzy as a headliner baffled many. hope they stick to their formula from the last 2 years, line ups were great and the weekend in general was awesome. worth the 4 hour train. 

5 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Are you serious? He's a rapper. And regardless of what genre he is, how could you  make the argument that it rules him out when he played 2 years ago

A rapper.

So totally against the demographic that I keep getting told trnsmt is all about.

I know he was there  in 17 I watched him.

15 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

If Florence is out, there's not many options left. KoL, Catish, Snow Patrol, Stormzy, Paolo Nutini? Can't think of any more tbh.

Paolo Nutini has been ruled out as a headliner. Really doubt Stormzy will headline. 

With Florence headlining the Edinburgh Summer Sessions, that pretty much rules her out for Trnsmt. 

Catfish will definitely be one of the headliners, you can pretty much put your mortgage on that one. So when you keep in mind the kind of music that Trnsmt headliners evoke, take away acts that have been ruled out, and keep tour dates in mind, you're looking at either two of George Ezra, RHCP, Kasabian, KOL and Snow Patrol. I really doubt Snow Patrol will do it after having a big show already in Glasgow this year. Kasabian, as far as I was aware, haven't got any gigs lined up at all this year, so that makes them unlikely. RHCP seem to be doing the rounds early 2019, so they might pop up. George Ezra seems to be headlining every festival under the sun, so I'd say that makes him very likely. KOL aren't as active as George Ezra, but they are headlining quite a few festivals this year, including Beni just a week after Trnsmt, so hopefully that makes them likely.

I was confident of it being Catfish, Florence and George Ezra, but now I'm going for:

Catfish & the Bottlemen, Gerry Cinnamon

George Ezra, Blossoms

Kings of Leon, Royal Blood

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Paolo Nutini has been ruled out as a headliner. Really doubt Stormzy will headline. 

With Florence headlining the Edinburgh Summer Sessions, that pretty much rules her out for Trnsmt. 

Catfish will definitely be one of the headliners, you can pretty much put your mortgage on that one. So when you keep in mind the kind of music that Trnsmt headliners evoke, take away acts that have been ruled out, and keep tour dates in mind, you're looking at either two of George Ezra, RHCP, Kasabian, KOL and Snow Patrol. I really doubt Snow Patrol will do it after having a big show already in Glasgow this year. Kasabian, as far as I was aware, haven't got any gigs lined up at all this year, so that makes them unlikely. RHCP seem to be doing the rounds early 2019, so they might pop up. George Ezra seems to be headlining every festival under the sun, so I'd say that makes him very likely. KOL aren't as active as George Ezra, but they are headlining quite a few festivals this year, including Beni just a week after Trnsmt, so hopefully that makes them likely.

I was confident of it being Catfish, Florence and George Ezra, but now I'm going for:

Catfish & the Bottlemen, Gerry Cinnamon

George Ezra, Blossoms

Kings of Leon, Royal Blood

Think you’ve pretty much nailed it.

5 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

A rapper.

So totally against the demographic that I keep getting told trnsmt is all about.

I know he was there  in 17 I watched him.

So you're saying he's not in the demographic but they've literally booked him for the festial before? I think the only type of music they ruled out was EDM. He's headling Glasto and is a big name, in a year with seemingly fuck all choice I think he's fairly likely.

3 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

So you're saying he's not in the demographic but they've literally booked him for the festial before? I think the only type of music they ruled out was EDM. He's headling Glasto and is a big name, in a year with seemingly fuck all choice I think he's fairly likely.

No I’m saying acts like him are not on the trnsmt demographic that I keep getting told about and was surprised he played in 17.

So edm is ruled out?

Does that means chase and status are in with a shout because they cross over perfectly probabbly even better than the prodigy?

3 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

No I’m saying acts like him are not on the trnsmt demographic that I keep getting told about and was surprised he played in 17.

So edm is ruled out?

Does that means chase and status are in with a shout because they cross over perfectly probabbly even better than the prodigy?

I have no idea, I'm just saying they made a point before the first TRNSMT of ruling out EDM im just saying that's the only specifics i have heard. Maybe he won't play just saying it's not a mental thought.

Catfish, Gerry C

Snow Patrol, The Wombats

George Ezra, Bombay Bicycle Club

I know someone who knows the lineup and literally all he said was it's very indie, fuck knows what that means though.

Summer sessions capacity last year is down as 35k, with trnsmt being about 55k? Neither catfish or KOL sold out their SS nights, so it’d be pretty bold to step them up to trnsmt, unless they’ve got superb undercards.

But the guess of Catfish, KOL and Ezra looks like that’ll be the one.

Summer Sessions really knocked it out of the park.

Looking like it's probably gonna be between Catfish, George Ezra, Mumfords, Royal Blood + Lana Del Rey, whether that's co-headlining or outright. 

Editors, Gerry Cinnamon, Sigrid, Nina Nesbitt + White Lies will probably pop up as they're festival favourites in the UK.

Dunno why but I think trnsmt will miss out on royal blood and they could Maybe be the top support for foo fighters at summer sessions. Got added to Leeds and reading today and they've supported foos before. I would argue their drawing power hasn't significantly grown since then. 

50 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

What makes KoL more likely than Snow Patrol is what I don't get.

Snow Patrol have already played the Hydro this year. Bit overkill to do that then headline Glasgow's festival a few months later. Not out the realms of possibility but I just don't see it.