TRNSMT Lineup 2019

20 hours ago, Threestripes said:

I think the majority would prefer to see The Who rather than snow patrol.

Is it ok with you if I doss about cocktail cocktail if the bands on the main stage would put you to sleep ???

I actually think the vast majority of the TRNSMT crowd would rather see Snow Patrol to be honest, most of the crowd is under 30 and it fits non way more with what they've booked in the last 2 years.

Paying 60 quid to go to a festival that has main stage bands that put you to sleep seems a bit silly too.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I actually think the vast majority of the TRNSMT crowd would rather see Snow Patrol to be honest, most of the crowd is under 30 and it fits non way more with what they've booked in the last 2 years.

Paying 60 quid to go to a festival that has main stage bands that put you to sleep seems a bit silly too.

I think snow patrol fall into the kings of Leon bracket, not really done anything of note for years and would be a pretty big let down, personally i would rather see the who, and I’m 23.

4 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

i think the main thing is that Snow Patrol would be a lot cheaper and have a more indie support than The Who would, which i guess is down to the bookers. Just stick Gerry on the day and i'm sure it would do fine

1 hour ago, gfa said:

i think the main thing is that Snow Patrol would be a lot cheaper and have a more indie support than The Who would, which i guess is down to the bookers. Just stick Gerry on the day and i'm sure it would do fine

yeah they'd defo be cheaper, but also I think if you asked every person at TRNSMT last year if they'd rather Snow Patrol or The Who headlined, more would say Snow Patrol.

9 hours ago, iforaneye said:

If they wanted a guaranteed sell-out and something that would keep the punters happy they could just stick Gerry Cinnamon on as headliner. Got a feeling he might headline a Summer Session instead though.

He’s around at the start of summer doing community. TRSNMT definitely makes more sense based on that. And he wouldn’t sell out a day, but it would definitely sell quickly to a certain point and then be very slow afterwards. Would make them a lot of bank as he would be a very cheap headliner though but 50k tix is a but much for him even in glasgow

Edited by gfa
can’t believe i wrote a serious reply to this

i think gerry headlining would sell out, he probably had the biggest crowd of the weekend last year, if they want to make some money they will stick him as a headliner but i can imagine him being a sub behind a more upcoming headliner like catfish, also wouldn't mind noel Gallagher as a headliner, saw him headline T in 2015 and it was a great end to the weekend.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

He’s around at the start of summer doing community. TRSNMT definitely makes more sense based on that. And he wouldn’t sell out a day, but it would definitely sell quickly to a certain point and then be very slow afterwards. Would make them a lot of bank as he would be a very cheap headliner though but 50k tix is a but much for him even in glasgow

He would easily shift 50k can Glasgow Green on his own. Just look at the crowd last year and that was playing early and when he was only really known in Scotland and still had zero media or radio-play backing.

Probably will sub though as he gets the locals into the park and away from their pre-drinks a few hours earlier and force them to buy drinks in the venue. Must have made a fortune last year.

3 minutes ago, SCP92 said:

Surely cements The Who as a good chance of headlining with Wembley show a week prior to TRNSMT. 

IMG_8903.PNG

Wouldn't bank on it.  There's a few festivals in Spain and Portugal the same weekend as TRNSMT and it's possibly more likely they'll play the likes of Mad Cool and NOS Alive instead, if they're playing further dates.

5 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Wouldn't bank on it.  There's a few festivals in Spain and Portugal the same weekend as TRNSMT and it's possibly more likely they'll play the likes of Mad Cool and NOS Alive instead, if they're playing further dates.

You're probably right. Think I probably need to lower my expectations! 

41 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Would be surprised if Mad Cool still have big names to announce.

Lineup is already incredible.

1 hour ago, rawzyj said:

i think gerry headlining would sell out, he probably had the biggest crowd of the weekend last year, if they want to make some money they will stick him as a headliner but i can imagine him being a sub behind a more upcoming headliner like catfish, also wouldn't mind noel Gallagher as a headliner, saw him headline T in 2015 and it was a great end to the weekend.

How shite is though to have Gerry Cinnamon headlining Scotland’s supposedly top festival.

A utter cringe