TRNSMT Lineup 2019

48 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

It wasn't that long ago that T used to shift 80k tickets no bother to be fair. I think the main issue is location with most people living in Glasgow/ Edinburgh. If T was still at Balado I reckon it would still be going just fine.

Yeah but it quickly got to a point in the Balado years where crowds were driven away and the crime and deaths were making it so that they’d have had to struggle to reposition or cancel anyway. Strathallan probably accelerated its demise but it was circling the drain regardless, right?

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah but it quickly got to a point in the Balado years where crowds were driven away and the crime and deaths were making it so that they’d have had to struggle to reposition or cancel anyway. Strathallan probably accelerated its demise but it was circling the drain regardless, right?

I disagree. There was always deaths at T don't think it was really a factor in its own demise. I went 4 years in a row (2013-16) and at Balado it was very busy despite not being the sellout it once was. 2015 was the new site and was still fairly busy, in their own figures I think they still said about 70k went. It was so clear that site wasn't suitable though and the only reason I went the last year was 2 for 1 tickets, by then it was like a ghost town and no lineup could have saved it. Not sure if there's official figures for the last 2 years at Balado but I'd be shocked if it was far from a sellout.

2 hours ago, wishyboz6 said:

If they were to do something similar to T it would have to be in the same vein as Glastonbury and attract major worldwide acts. They would probably have to bin the Slam Tent and keep that crowd exclusively for the Riverside Festival. It would attract massive appeal and I’m quite shocked the potential hasn’t been jumped on. 

If I was running t ....

I would have a proper mainstage line up

Nme stage

Slam

Radio 1

Bacardi b bar

Silent disco

balado

old skool tent

sorted.....

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I agree. I think if they brought back TITP then there would be an initial boost in sales, but after a few years things would settle down and it would end up in the same position it was.

I think TRNSMT works well as Scotland's main festival, I guess it's much easier for anyone in and around Glasgow and even people travelling from outside Scotland. To be honest, Scotland, well Glasgow mainly, generally does pretty well in terms of getting big acts playing here. I'm not sure a major camping festival is really needed.

Hi all, first time in this forum. 

I've been both years for a day each and loved it, Arctics' day last year holds my favorite ever line up.

My predictions are The Strokes headlining with Catfish subbing. CATB are huge strokes fans and if they're subbing, they're the only band i'd imagine they'd accept to sub.Plus, The Strokes' BST show was a huge thing when it was announced so maybe its time they came back to scotland?

I also think its very likely for Foals to headline, they're a great act and on a warm summers day, they'll be a class at to headline. Not sure on the third headliner, surely Snow Patrol have had their day now and wouldn't headline. And, i can't see Florence there with BST & Boardmasters already booked. If she did anything else, surely it would be Latitude.

anyway, i fuckin love this festival and look forward to hopefully returning.

oh and i think gerry cinnamon is shite

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

I think The Who is pretty much nailed on with their US tour announcement and indication of "UK festivals in summer". Which day though?  I need it to be the Saturday (selfishly).

Someone on here listed their favourite bands (including The Who) and asked how disappointed they're going to be, to which Mezhyp replied "particularly", so I doubt they'll be there.

I reckon headline wise we could be seeing

The Who

Florence + The Machine or Mumford and Sons 

Foals or Catfish and The Bottlemen 

The Who I think are very likely to be there because of the hint on TRNSMT social media, their tour dates don’t clash with TRNSMT and the festival will be wanting big stadium sized acts to headline, they had Queen headline last year so they’re not against having older acts headline. 

Mumford and sons are more likely than Florence as their tour dates line up and Florence is down south for British summer time on the saturday. 

Foals are probably more likely than Catfish as they’re the bigger band and I think they’d attract more ticket sales than Catfish. Judging by Catfish not being able to sell out All Points East last year I think TRNSMT might try and have Catfish as ‘Special Guests’ like they did with the 1975 in 2017. 

6 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Someone on here listed their favourite bands (including The Who) and asked how disappointed they're going to be, to which Mezhyp replied "particularly", so I doubt they'll be there.

You mean the same Mezhyp who's told people absolutely nothing and yet people believe him religiously? Why that's unheard of on the Internet!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

You mean the same Mezhyp who's told people absolutely nothing and yet people believe him religiously? Why that's unheard of on the Internet!

He's been on here for years and has provided us with info in the past. He clearly hasn't said "absolutely nothing" as he's ruled out most acts that people thought were likely, which would be a dumb thing to do if he doesn't know who's playing. I'm confident that when the lineup drops everything he's said will be proven to be true.

Edit: And I'm not saying The Who definitely won't be there (maybe he just meant that none of the other acts the guy listed will be there), but it seems unlikely to me based on that post.

Edited by Gucci Piggy
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Barnabylike said:

The Who I think are very likely to be there because of the hint on TRNSMT social media, their tour dates don’t clash with TRNSMT and the festival will be wanting big stadium sized acts to headline, they had Queen headline last year so they’re not against having older acts headline.

Queen sold really shit last year, i don’t think this means very much to be honest

19 minutes ago, gordo1701 said:

Has anyone ruled out Keane, Weezer or The Raconteurs yet? 

Can picture them playing TRNSMT. But don't know who the headliners would be

Weezer playing Portugal on the Thursday and Bilbao on the Saturday.  Would only leave the Sunday which I'd guess makes them unlikely.