TRNSMT Lineup 2019

On 1/4/2019 at 3:53 PM, dentalplan said:

Ok mate but just for clarity...

Florence + the Machine. Paolo Nutini, Mumford & Sons, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Prodigy, The Strokes, The Who, Muse, Foals, Noel Gallagher, George Ezra, Rod Stewart, Snow Patrol, Red Hot Chili Peppers, 

Can you please delete all the names that are not headlining and repost in a separate post?

:P

On 1/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

you need a bigger list ?

Can't be those 3 if this guy is telling the truth. Surely at least 2. Biffy or Stormzy maybe instead of one?

5 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Someone could make a shit load of cash if they got the line up and setting right on the scale of titp.

Definitely. Titp was a guaranteed instant sell out at one point. There’s a major opportunity and no one seems to want to take advantage of it.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Definitely. Titp was a guaranteed instant sell out at one point. There’s a major opportunity and no one seems to want to take advantage of it.

Times change. Electric Fields tickets last year with Noel Gallagher on the bill ended up on itison. Way less than 10,000 turned  up and this year aiming for less than 5000. 

Lots of other Scottish festivals I’ve been to now out the game. Sad scenes.

2 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Times change. Electric Fields tickets last year with Noel Gallagher on the bill ended up on itison. Way less than 10,000 turned  up and this year aiming for less than 5000. 

Lots of other Scottish festivals I’ve been to now out the game. Sad scenes.

Really miss titp strathallan killed it.

Whoever gave strathallan the ok should get his baws booted.

Out of interest I read a while back the farmer that owned the land at Balado is sueing whoever said it wasn’t safe to have a festival on that site.

Anyone know if anything came from it?

14 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Someone could make a shit load of cash if they got the line up and setting right on the scale of titp.

If they were to do something similar to T it would have to be in the same vein as Glastonbury and attract major worldwide acts. They would probably have to bin the Slam Tent and keep that crowd exclusively for the Riverside Festival. It would attract massive appeal and I’m quite shocked the potential hasn’t been jumped on. 

25 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

If they were to do something similar to T it would have to be in the same vein as Glastonbury and attract major worldwide acts. They would probably have to bin the Slam Tent and keep that crowd exclusively for the Riverside Festival. It would attract massive appeal and I’m quite shocked the potential hasn’t been jumped on. 

There is no potential. Tickets for TRNSMT don’t fly out, rock festivals in Scotland seem to be downgrading or dying and major acts seem to get the worst sales of their tours in Scotland.

Major festivals quite often grow over a number of years out of a smaller, successful event. It’s hard to make a case for saying a massive, Glasto-type festival should just land in a field in Scotland if no fests here are growing at the moment.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There is no potential. Tickets for TRNSMT don’t fly out, rock festivals in Scotland seem to be downgrading or dying and major acts seem to get the worst sales of their tours in Scotland.

Major festivals quite often grow over a number of years out of a smaller, successful event. It’s hard to make a case for saying a massive, Glasto-type festival should just land in a field in Scotland if no fests here are growing at the moment.

It wasn't that long ago that T used to shift 80k tickets no bother to be fair. I think the main issue is location with most people living in Glasgow/ Edinburgh. If T was still at Balado I reckon it would still be going just fine.

• Upvote 1