TRNSMT Lineup 2019

With this year being such a hard year to predict i’ve just tried to throw something together 

Friday - Paolo Nutini / George Ezra / Jake Bugg

Saturday - Catfish / Gerry / DMAs

Sunday - The Who / Noely G / Ian Brown

Feel like Catfish and Gerry are a stick on with the new album from Catfish and the hype of Gerry at the moment. DMAs have a growing fan base in Scotland so think they will play pretty high up. Paolos been away for a while so surely will be returning next year. George Ezra as well doing a lot of festivals but not big enough to headline TRNSMT so subbing to Paolo seems realistic, Jake Bugg still hasn’t played but has a new album next year so think he’ll be doing it as well. The Who of course was just rumours but put them there cause I think it could be true. Noel doing a lot of smaller festivals last year gives me the impression he probably won’t be headlining but feel like subbing to the who is realistic. Ian Brown as well with the new album so stuck him on before Noel

Also thinking that Snuts will 100% open main stage on the saturday, especially selling out their upgraded SWG3 show tonight. Still quite suprised Fratellis haven’t played as they’re a Scottish act. If the View are back could see them playing  again and maybe an appearance from Doves unless Electric Fields have pulled them in

10 hours ago, 5rebbecas said:

Noel doing a lot of smaller festivals last year gives me the impression he probably won’t be headlining but feel like subbing to the who is realistic. Ian Brown as well with the new album so stuck him on before Noel

But he headlines those smaller festivals. Kinda like the other two headliners. Makes way more sense if you take Gallagher out and Brown subs The Who.

17 hours ago, 5rebbecas said:

Saturday - Catfish / Gerry / DMAs

I think this needs a bit more to it, Catfish played this year at summer sessions along with DMAs, gerry was last year FIVE slots lower, surely he's not grown that much. There needs to be another act either above or below Gerry - not sure as they've had most of the obvious candidates prehaps Kaiser Chiefs (might be a bit high?) since they haven't done a scottish fest for a while? Wombats could too they were at Summer Sessions this year though

Edited by gfa

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think this needs a bit more to it, Catfish played this year at summer sessions along with DMAs, gerry was last year FIVE slots lower, surely he's not grown that much. There needs to be another act either above or below Gerry - not sure as they've had most of the obvious candidates prehaps Kaiser Chiefs (might be a bit high?) since they haven't done a scottish fest for a while? Wombats could too they were at Summer Sessions this year though

Maybe kasier cheifs can be before Dmas and Bastille after gerry.

41 minutes ago, gfa said:

Would agree with Wombats but not Kaiser Chiefs. To be honest just think they’re a bit shite now and are past high up slots at festivals. Gerry was boosted higher this year and his reputation willl go unnoticed, especially with his hometown crowd which would easily buy tickets to see him 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

But he headlines those smaller festivals. Kinda like the other two headliners. Makes way more sense if you take Gallagher out and Brown subs The Who.

Actually I do agree with you there. Put Noel in cause i know he’s quite friendly with Roger Daltrey so thought he would be a perfect sub but with Ian’s new album i think he could easily sub. Think Noel would do his own Scottish headline show? 

On 12/29/2018 at 10:39 AM, 5rebbecas said:

Also thinking that Snuts will 100% open main stage on the saturday, especially selling out their upgraded SWG3 show tonight. Still quite suprised Fratellis haven’t played as they’re a Scottish act. If the View are back could see them playing  again and maybe an appearance from Doves unless Electric Fields have pulled them in

Was speaking to The Snuts boys after last night and they were saying that they’re really wanting to open. They’d be a perfect fit on a day with dma’s Gerry catfish etc

8 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Fancy translating the bit between "at least..." and "His biggest singalong" into actual English?

Nothing beat a translating, you just don't like what you've read. Looks at his performances, Discoland gets his the reception from his songs followed by belter closely...does he say anything apart from she's a belter though.

13 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Nothing beat a translating, you just don't like what you've read. Looks at his performances, Discoland gets his the reception from his songs followed by belter closely...does he say anything apart from she's a belter though.

No. I just couldn't decipher what you wrote into an actual sentence. I'd simply disagree with what you were saying if I didn't like it. Truth is, I don't actually know if I liked it or not, since you're illiterate.

Oh, and watching his TRNSMT show last year, most of his set was well liked, and had a monster crowd.

As for that last part... you really are just a clueless w*nk.

It's worth noting I think Gerry Cinnamon is shite. I'm just not enough of a moron to just make stuff up to justify my position. I don't need to. I just think he's shite.

• Upvote 2

On 12/31/2018 at 11:06 AM, DomDom1984 said:

No. I just couldn't decipher what you wrote into an actual sentence. I'd simply disagree with what you were saying if I didn't like it. Truth is, I don't actually know if I liked it or not, since you're illiterate.

Oh, and watching his TRNSMT show last year, most of his set was well liked, and had a monster crowd.

As for that last part... you really are just a clueless w*nk.

It's worth noting I think Gerry Cinnamon is shite. I'm just not enough of a moron to just make stuff up to justify my position. I don't need to. I just think he's shite.

Well thanks for your opinion, what you think I really am doesn't bother me lol. Goodbye