TRNSMT Lineup 2019

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

It's been said enough on here, but T in the Park 2011 was just unreal stuff.

Tbf the headliners for that year were not UK fest excise because Coldplay did Glastonbury. Artic monkeys and foo fighters did radio 1 big weekend. It just shows that t and trnsmt can share headliners with big weekend Glastonbury and reading

33 minutes ago, gfa said:

Seems to me like GSS have really upped their game this year, will be interesting to see who TRNSMT announce.

They’re not in competition with one another, they’re run by the same team! It’s just around the availability of the bands and who is touring Europe at that time.

3 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

They’re not in competition with one another, they’re run by the same team! It’s just around the availability of the bands and who is touring Europe at that time.

oh - well TRNSMT with the larger capacity seems to be getting left in the dust when it comes to who gets the bigger bands I guess is what I mean. Foos would make more sense at a 50k fest than 35k but yeah, thanks.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gfa said:

oh - well TRNSMT with the larger capacity seems to be getting left in the dust when it comes to who gets the bigger bands I guess is what I mean. Foos would make more sense at a 50k fest than 35k but yeah, thanks.

Foos should have done trnsmt instead of Glasgow summer sessions

With the Foo Fighters and The Cure announced for Summer Sessions I wouldn't be surprised to see TRNSMT going down a slightly different route.

Swedish House Mafia signs appeared in Glasgow last week. Wouldn't be surprised to see them play or a Calvin Harris type booking. Would sell tickets but the crowd would be awful.

Edited by Shanks18

35 minutes ago, Shanks18 said:

With the Foo Fighters and The Cure announced for Summer Sessions I wouldn't be surprised to see TRNSMT going down a slightly different route.

Swedish House Mafia signs appeared in Glasgow last week. Wouldn't be surprised to see them play or a Calvin Harris type booking. Would sell tickets but the crowd would be awful.

Always thought the idea of Trnsmt was to get away from EDM type headliners. Suppose you never know though

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It's them though that are going to sell more. I'm intrigued to see if what I was told about TITP being back by 2020 as true.

Really hope it does come back TITP. TRNSMT is great don't get me wrong but it doesn't have a proper festival feel to it without the camping and you would only really buy a ticket to TRNSMT if you liked the headliner but TITP had plenty of stages to suit a variety of tastes so it's less headliner dependent and a much more enjoyable festival.