TRNSMT Lineup 2019

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Does a dislike for a band make everyone as ignorant as this? I suppose the support was the reason for their first Hydro show doing so well?

They're clearly somebody in Scotland.

Definitely somebody in Scotland.

Reckon it would surprise a lot of people how many tickets they’d shift for an outdoor gig up here, regardless of the undercard.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Does a dislike for a band make everyone as ignorant as this? I suppose the support was the reason for their first Hydro show doing so well?

They're clearly somebody in Scotland.

I don't dislike them. I've seen them twice. Once with about 300 other people at 2nd stage at T in the Park. The other at Leeds. They filled the Hydro because of Gerry Cinnamon, they couldn't on their own and they certainly couldn't headline GSS or TRNSMT.

4 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Gerry Cinnamon didn't support them on their first big Hydro show here. Didn't seem to hurt them.

So was it a sold out Hydro or a stripped back Hydro like smaller bands do with standing and a few boxes and seats? I think it can be as low as 4000 capacity. Still, fair play to them. The crowd was embarrassing in 2012 at T. It was as bad for Enter Shikari too. Might have been a reflection of the direction change that year. I never went again. 

1 hour ago, devilman said:

So was it a sold out Hydro or a stripped back Hydro like smaller bands do with standing and a few boxes and seats? I think it can be as low as 4000 capacity. Still, fair play to them. The crowd was embarrassing in 2012 at T. It was as bad for Enter Shikari too. Might have been a reflection of the direction change that year. I never went again. 

To be fair they clashed with Noel Gallagher at TITP that year so most of their crowd were probably seeing him instead. I’m not sure if they sold out The Hydro last time but at most it was the upper corners that were covered. 

On 10/28/2018 at 4:56 PM, DomDom1984 said:

The Prodigy might be at TRNSMT due to their major rock influence and fanbase, but that's the only chance of a dance act on the main stage. Pendulum at a MASSIVE push.

Chase and status could cross over there a million miles away from a normal dance act.

What’s the chances  of someone like public enemy de la soul  or wu tang clan ??or is that me dreaming again?

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

o be fair they clashed with Noel Gallagher at TITP that year so most of their crowd were probably seeing him instead

Naw they clashed with Jesse J. I went and watched NG after. The conditions were that shit that year though that many had just given up.

4 hours ago, devilman said:

Crowd was pretty small at 2016 TITP 

Edited by Muppetmark

3 hours ago, Tunes101 said:

any ideas when abouts the first announcement will be? 

Can't remember the order they announced headliners last year but Stereophonics were announced last week of November. Probably be something announced think this month 

47 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Can't remember the order they announced headliners last year but Stereophonics were announced last week of November. Probably be something announced think this month 

Liam was the week before i’m pretty sure and then they left it for the year after they announced the Phonics and a few other acts, so yeah i agree and say will probably get an announcement later this month 

I expect something like this -

FRIDAY - Muse / Bastille / Editors / Slaves / Tom Walker / Sigrid / Pale Waves

SATURDAY - Florence & The Machine / Two Door Cinema Club / The Vaccines / Bugzy Malone /  Sundara Karma / Stefflon Don / Dave / The Snuts

SUNDAY - Biffy Clyro / George Ezra (special guest) / Manic Street Preachers / DMA’S / Lewis Capaldi / Embrace / The Amazons / Tom Misch

Edited by howgooditwas

6 hours ago, howgooditwas said:

SATURDAY - Florence & The Machine / Two Door Cinema Club / The Vaccines / Bugzy Malone /  Sundara Karma / Stefflon Don / Dave / The Snuts

SUNDAY - Biffy Clyro / George Ezra (special guest) / Manic Street Preachers / DMA’S / Lewis Capaldi / Embrace / The Amazons / Tom Misch

Could the courteeners and twenty one pilots have a chance of being there. Biffy will be too soon to return.

9 hours ago, howgooditwas said:

I defo think now Biffy Clyro have announced Germany they are a a strong option.

3 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Biffy???

If were going to have bands coming back after a couple of year let’s make it kasabian.

All this Florence talk is it guess work or people ITK.

Prey it’s guess work...

To be completely honest I think Biffy are the best bet for this - new album coming out soon-ish and also started announcing a couple festivals already. In Glasgow they’re a guaranteed ticket seller and with somebody big and current behind them (i.e. George Ezra), I think it’s a very realistic day.  Wouldn’t be too surprised to see them at R+L either. 

8 hours ago, jj200 said:

Could the courteeners and twenty one pilots have a chance of being there. Biffy will be too soon to return.

Courteeners won’t return after a year, and I don’t think bands like Twenty One Pilots are what DF want for the festival, especially since it’s back to a 3 day weekend.