TRNSMT Lineup 2019

The Prodigy might be at TRNSMT due to their major rock influence and fanbase, but that's the only chance of a dance act on the main stage. Pendulum at a MASSIVE push.

It's nothing to do with "mixing it up" and everything to do with DF making it clear that those acts won't be there.

Edited by DomDom1984

50 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

The Prodigy might be at TRNSMT due to their major rock influence and fanbase, but that's the only chance of a dance act on the main stage. Pendulum at a MASSIVE push.

It's nothing to do with "mixing it up" and everything to do with DF making it clear that those acts won't be there.

Pendulum won't be doing it, they could maybe do GSS but they clearly aren't considered that size.

12 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'm assuming something like Liam Gallagher had last year. Which wasn't even much of a lads day outside of the first two and last two acts.

I see.

But yeah, Liam Gallagher was booked cos he was one of the biggest acts available to headline, not because he’s adored by “lads”. And I can’t ever see an outcome where the Courteeners are one of the biggest acts that TRNSMT could book.

20 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

They could break from the samey bands like they did with stormzy.

Get what your saying though.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I see.

But yeah, Liam Gallagher was booked cos he was one of the biggest acts available to headline, not because he’s adored by “lads”. And I can’t ever see an outcome where the Courteeners are one of the biggest acts that TRNSMT could book.

They HAVE sold out the Hydro, so they're clearly a pretty big ticket shifter up here. I'd say they'd be more likely to do Summer Sessions though if anything, due to it being smaller, and therefore very doable for them as it'd be their own show.

Yeah I reckon Courteeners could sell out Summer Sessions, though more likely for 2020 than next year. As DomDom says, they sold out The Hydro very quickly and seem to constantly be getting bigger up here. A day with the likes of them, The View, Blossoms etc would sell really well in Glasgow. I could see them headlining TRNSMT at some point though, they're probably quite cheap and wouldn't sell any worse than the likes of Radiohead, Queen etc who are undoubtedly much more expensive.

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I reckon Courteeners could sell out Summer Sessions, though more likely for 2020 than next year. As DomDom says, they sold out The Hydro very quickly and seem to constantly be getting bigger up here. A day with the likes of them, The View, Blossoms etc would sell really well in Glasgow. I could see them headlining TRNSMT at some point though, they're probably quite cheap and wouldn't sell any worse than the likes of Radiohead, Queen etc who are undoubtedly much more expensive.

They will headline this and not Glastonbury or reading.

I love the courteeners as much as the next guy and not saying they can't  shift a good lot of tickets but being real if Gerry cinamon was not supporting them would the hydro be sold out!

With all the hype behind gerry just now I can see him getting a GSS next year.

Edited by Steve050900
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, Steve050900 said:

I love the courteeners as much as the next guy and not saying they can't  shift a good lot of tickets but being real if Gerry cinamon was not supporting them would the hydro be sold out!

With all the hype behind gerry just now I can see him getting a GSS next year.

Well, it sold out on their last tour 2 years ago as well. So probably, yes.

I think if they were to headline anything it would be GSS. Will be interesting to see how long the Gerry hype will last for.