TRNSMT Lineup 2019

If Catfish have a third album by that time, I could easily see them playing it. Surely Noel playing the big ones at the top of the bill is a goner?

I think The Cure will be one of them, but I'm thinking they wouldn't have them and Foo Fighters on the same festival, and Foo Fighters haven't done a Scottish show yet, so I could definitely see them rocking up. Florence and the Machine will be a stick on IMO, and I can see her headlining this one off the back of the success of her arena tour.

10 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

If Catfish have a third album by that time, I could easily see them playing it. Surely Noel playing the big ones at the top of the bill is a goner?

I think The Cure will be one of them, but I'm thinking they wouldn't have them and Foo Fighters on the same festival, and Foo Fighters haven't done a Scottish show yet, so I could definitely see them rocking up. Florence and the Machine will be a stick on IMO, and I can see her headlining this one off the back of the success of her arena tour.

I'm pretty certain Florence is doing it & then Muse, The Cure & Foo Fighters are looking like massive possibilities. The 1975 & Twenty One Pilots both might just be waiting around until R+L then?

2 hours ago, Claire96 said:

We got two headliners in November last year, so hopefully we don't have long to wait for an announcement.

I think the five days made that happen tbh. I can see it going back to possibly one before the end of the year, or the papers leaking one, and then the big announcement in Feb.

48 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Pretty sure The Cure will do the likes of Mad Cool/NOS Alive over this weekend rather than TRNSMT.

I'd certainly say the Foo Fighters are more likely as their bigger headliner, but I don't think I'm as sure as you that The Cure won't be it.

I'm going to make an initial prediction of Foo Fighters/Twenty One Pilots/Florence and the Machine.

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'd certainly say the Foo Fighters are more likely as their bigger headliner, but I don't think I'm as sure as you that The Cure won't be it.

I'm going to make an initial prediction of Foo Fighters/Twenty One Pilots/Florence and the Machine.

Surely Muse are extremely likely with them not hitting Scotland on their stadium tour? Pretty sure they'll be doing some festivals as, for instance, their tour doesn't include Belgium so I imagine they're headlining Rock Werchter.

Muse, Flo and one other imo.

38 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Prodigy will get announced after there gig at the secc on the 2nd November:)

Watch this space...

You mention the Prodigy very often on here but I can’t see it happening. Their SECC gig hasn’t even sold out, let alone headlining a festival of TRNSMT’s size.

Just now, Stuart1000 said:

You mention the Prodigy very often on here but I can’t see it happening. Their SECC gig hasn’t even sold out, let alone headlining a festival of TRNSMT’s size.

Got to admit, I can't see Prodigy headlining unless the other two headliners are extremely strong. Maybe a strong sub?

Pretty certain it's all stadiums in the UK for Muse & surely they would've announced a Glasgow or Edinburgh stadium in that cities list by now. Considering they haven't done a Scottish festival since 2010, I'd be surprised if they don't do TRNSMT.

Wouldn't be surprised if Twenty One Pilots were thrown in as "Very Special Guests" if Muse do headline.

I'd kill for Foos to headline but I think we have our hopes up too high.

1 minute ago, Claire96 said:

Pretty certain it's all stadiums in the UK for Muse & surely they would've announced a Glasgow or Edinburgh stadium in that cities list by now. Considering they haven't done a Scottish festival since 2010, I'd be surprised if they don't do TRNSMT.

Wouldn't be surprised if Twenty One Pilots were thrown in as "Very Special Guests" if Muse do headline.

I'd kill for Foos to headline but I think we have our hopes up too high.

Maybe feel like TOP could do Summer Sessions? And not sure Muse have included every city they'll be playing (might have left out festival shows, or even have more stadiums to announce), so they could still be at TRNSMT. Which could leave TRNSMT as:

Muse

Florence

The Cure

Which I think would appeal to enough people.

1 minute ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Maybe feel like TOP could do Summer Sessions? And not sure Muse have included every city they'll be playing (might have left out festival shows, or even have more stadiums to announce),

They definitely have more to announce. Some of the city choices in mainland Europe are just weird if they're not doing anymore, and make it plainly obvious that they've got a fair bit yet to confirm. As I've said, they released a selection of dates to get people to go for the pre-sales. Don't be surprised to see more UK stadiums confirmed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NerdsNatterings said:

Maybe feel like TOP could do Summer Sessions? And not sure Muse have included every city they'll be playing (might have left out festival shows, or even have more stadiums to announce), so they could still be at TRNSMT. Which could leave TRNSMT as:

Muse

Florence

The Cure

Which I think would appeal to enough people.

I'd be there like a shot for those headliners alone. Which makes me feel like they're gonna punch us in the gut with a weekend like

Mumford + Sons

Florence + The Machine

Snow Patrol

Just to really dig the knife in after a pretty poor lineup this year.

3 minutes ago, Claire96 said:

I'd be there like a shot for those headliners alone. Which makes me feel like they're gonna punch us in the gut with a weekend like

Mumford + Sons

Florence + The Machine

Snow Patrol

Just to really dig the knife in after a pretty poor lineup this year.

'Punch in the gut' wouldn't cut it ?

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

They definitely have more to announce. Some of the city choices in mainland Europe are just weird if they're not doing anymore, and make it plainly obvious that they've got a fair bit yet to confirm. As I've said, they released a selection of dates to get people to go for the pre-sales. Don't be surprised to see more UK stadiums confirmed.

Think you're spot on with that reasoning. Would love to see them focus on stadiums across the country.

Edited by NerdsNatterings

The fact Mumford & Sons are still around is unnerving enough. But they're still HUGE for some reason.

Muse haven't done a stadium tour since 2013 either so I'm guessing they'll hit them massively next year. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Claire96

Muse, Mumford and Florence seems like a solid and straight forward trio. I do imagine the list of Muse dates is their own headline gigs with festivals cut off so I can't see them not playing TRNSMT. TOP and The 1975 seem destined to play GSS around R+L (and it's late enough so their UK tours will be over before announcement). Agree about The Cure being more likely for other events that weekend and I just don't see Foo Fighters doing TRNSMT.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

What cities have they weirdly missed out? Are you sure it isn't just cities with major festivals?