TRNSMT Lineup 2019

Was wondering if they might book Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds for next year. The 'lad rock' Saturday has sold out both years so far with Kasabian and Liam Gallagher, with Noel seeming one of the most obvious acts to fit that category. Only issue is his last album came out in 2017 and wasn't as successful so unless he has a new one ready to go he'll be well out of that album cycle.

41 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

Was wondering if they might book Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds for next year. The 'lad rock' Saturday has sold out both years so far with Kasabian and Liam Gallagher, with Noel seeming one of the most obvious acts to fit that category. Only issue is his last album came out in 2017 and wasn't as successful so unless he has a new one ready to go he'll be well out of that album cycle.

I'd be incredibly surprised if he gets asked purely because he's played Scotland at least four times this year (possibly more.) It would be overkill if he came back for TRNSMT, surely?

19 hours ago, Claire96 said:

Unless the undercard was unbelievable, I can't see them selling out the day if The Prodigy headlined. Unless I've missed something & there's still demand for them. After 'Invaders Must Die,' I've rarely heard them being mentioned.

Greatest hits tour would sell out.

Totally agree with you though there new stuff is 50/50 for me and I’ve seen them shed loads of times.

4 hours ago, Shootenanny! said:

Would prefer Blur to be honest that would be a massive coup for trnsmt.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:57 PM, Threestripes said:

FFS that would be the end of trnsmt add the wolf tones and Charlie and the boys am sure RS fans would like that.

Rod Stewart may not be suitable for a festival targeted at 16-25 year olds,  but he's still one of the greatest music artists of all time.  Lumping him in with Irish rebel bands because he is a Celtic fan is ridiculous! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

The potential Cure talk on the Glastonbury thread`s got me thinking they could play TRNSMT.

Friday night, long set, late licence like Radiohead couple of years back......

I've been stuck in that thread all day! I'd be all over that, but The Cure haven't played a Scottish date since '92 & I don't think they're going to start now. Apparently, as I read somewhere in this thread, (I think!) they had a shit gig here & said they weren't coming back. Which is a ludicrous reason if true, but they're so selective with dates as it is in the UK.

Edited by Claire96

1 hour ago, Claire96 said:

I've been stuck in that thread all day! I'd be all over that, but The Cure haven't played a Scottish date since '92 & I don't think they're going to start now. Apparently, as I read somewhere in this thread, (I think!) they had a shit gig here & said they weren't coming back. Which is a ludicrous reason if true, but they're so selective with dates as it is in the UK.

They said the same about Glastonbury so I'd disregard it even if true. :D

I remember the first year of TRNSMT that The Cure were an early rumour despite not touring, and then this year the band only chose to do one show for the whole year so it probably wasn't in contention but I can totally see Geoff Ellis going for The Cure, even if it means handing tickets out wholesale.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They said the same about Glastonbury so I'd disregard it even if true. :D

I remember the first year of TRNSMT that The Cure were an early rumour despite not touring, and then this year the band only chose to do one show for the whole year so it probably wasn't in contention but I can totally see Geoff Ellis going for The Cure, even if it means handing tickets out wholesale. 

I'd be delighted if they did it as I've always been tied up with something else every time they come to the UK, but I've already cleared the TRNSMT weekend next year in case it ends up being a belter (still naively keeping my fingers crossed, even after this year!)

I guess touring with The Twilight Sad for a year might have changed their opinions on Scotland :lol: 

If Radiohead struggled to sell tickets compared to other days then I don't want to imagine how empty The Cure's day would be. Still find it pretty odd that they haven't played here for so long but as others have said, I could see them being booked.

Edited by kingcrawler

On 9/17/2018 at 11:18 PM, mazza7 said:

Rod Stewart may not be suitable for a festival targeted at 16-25 year olds,  but he's still one of the greatest music artists of all time.  Lumping him in with Irish rebel bands because he is a Celtic fan is ridiculous! 

It’s not because he’s a Celtic fan it’s because he plays Celtic videos shouts out about Celtic and gets Celtic fans up on stage to sing.

Iknow people who loved him but were disgusted at the rebel shite that some of the crowd were singing a couple of years ago and walked out.

There Falkirk fans btw

This is all Glasgow needs a auld arse playing this...

https://youtu.be/dinrU1tmPA8

Edited by Threestripes
  • Downvote 2