TRNSMT Lineup 2019

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Friday: Gorillaz

Saturday: Muse

Sunday: Florence & The Machine

Maybe a bit strong tho tbh, maybe someone a bit smaller than Flo like Foals or something?

Nah that isn't too strong. Arctics, The Killers, Queen w/AL is a bigger trio of names if you cut out the two smaller days from this year. I don't think Gorillaz will be touring next summer, but more than happy to be wrong there, they were stupidly good at Bilbao BBK.

You'd think I'd have better things to be thinking about on a rare day off but I'm thinking something along the lines of this:

Friday: Florence + The Machine, George Ezra, Sigrid

Saturday: The 1975, Pale Waves (Struggling to think of a sub act)

Sunday: Muse, Bastille, Editors 

I'd jump up at getting a Friday/Sunday ticket if they're offered up (Not the biggest fan of The 1975, thought they were horrendous last year.)

Although, I'm almost certain The 1975 would rather headline Glasto or R+L, but they've been mentioned so much, it's definitely possible.

15 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Surveys out for y’all to make these guesses a reality.

Whats the point in the survey it’ll be the same people voting for the same bands and trnsmt next year will be full of samey music.

let me guess ...Biffy,Gerry cinnamon and Pauli N will be top of the list :(

Friday-RHCP

Saturday-Prodigy

Sunday-Blur

Edited by Threestripes

13 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

Whats the point in the survey it’ll be the same people voting for the same bands and trnsmt next year will be full of samey music.

let me guess ...Biffy,Gerry cinnamon and Pauli N will be top of the list :(

Friday-RHCP

Saturday-Prodigy

Sunday-Blur

Yeah I agree. Some of the choices are totally unrealistic.

Gerry Cinnamon being listed as a potential headliner is odd, though to be fair at the rate he sells tickets up here it would probably do better than the days I'd want to go to :lol: 

Biffy not being listed as a headline option is interesting, not good news for them if even TRNSMT don't see them as a headliner.

Edited by kingcrawler

I noticed Gerry Cinnamon was one of the few acts listed on both pages. They’re clearly trying to push him (and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s already booked).

20 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Also they have listed take that as a potential headliner next year which I disagree with because they are too small to headline.

Love them or hate them, they hold the record for “highest ticket selling band” (or something like that). They would sell a lot of tickets. They are touring next year I don’t think it would ever happen at TRNSMT because it’s more rock based but they did BST in Hyde Park a few years ago.

41 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Gerry Cinnamon being listed as a potential headliner is odd, though to be fair at the rate he sells tickets up here it would probably do better than the days I'd want to go to :lol: 

Biffy not being listed as a headline option is interesting, not good news for them if even TRNSMT don't see them as a headliner.

It could be that Biffy cyrlo have past their peak by the looks of thing.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Honestly with these things I doubt it's a case where those are the actual bands they're considering and want to source opinions from punters on which to go for, with acts ranging from Deacon Blue to Dua Lipa in the mix. It just seems like a bit of outreach to make us lot feel valued, and perhaps provide a general feel of what TRNSMT fans are into.

On 9/6/2018 at 7:06 PM, kingcrawler said:

Biffy don't actually have anything to tour though atm do they?, aren't they basically done for now?

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Are they not meant to be releasing one early next year? My point was more that they’re not included among the headliner options but were part of the other acts.

I'm probably being majorly hopeful here but Biffy have subbed Muse a load, even last year at Vital in Belfast. Could be like a 2016 Biffy headline deal where The 1975 were "very special guests" and played an extended set? I know they have two records in the works and Muse release their album in November.

3 hours ago, Claire96 said:

I'm probably being majorly hopeful here but Biffy have subbed Muse a load, even last year at Vital in Belfast. Could be like a 2016 Biffy headline deal where The 1975 were "very special guests" and played an extended set? I know they have two records in the works and Muse release their album in November.

It was last year not 2016