TRNSMT Lineup 2019

6 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

At Summer Sessions this week Catfish and the Bottlemen pulled a massive crowd, seemed much bigger than Kings of Leon's. Could see them headlining TRNSMT in the next year or two with a successful third album.

am just doing the efests review from the guy who went to both shows, and the reviewer reckons the numbers were about even for those shows, but also a fair bit short on capacity (which is smaller than TRNSMT).

Edited by eFestivals

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

am just doing the efests review from the guy who went to both shows, and the reviewer reckons the numbers were about even for those shows, but also a fair bit short on capacity (which is smaller than TRNSMT).

It does seem like they've struggled to sell out these gigs. I guess 5 TRNSMT gigs, Bruno Mars and 3 Summer Sessions gigs is a lot for one summer.

Not sure how busy Kendrick will be tomorrow. They seem to be advertising it loads and also did a competition to give away 5 pairs of tickets, but as usual with DF Concerts competitions it seems like everyone who entered won :lol: 

37 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

It does seem like they've struggled to sell out these gigs. I guess 5 TRNSMT gigs, Bruno Mars and 3 Summer Sessions gigs is a lot for one summer.

Not sure how busy Kendrick will be tomorrow. They seem to be advertising it loads and also did a competition to give away 5 pairs of tickets, but as usual with DF Concerts competitions it seems like everyone who entered won :lol: 

Must be with those competitions my best pal won tickets so I'm seeing Kendrick for free ??

24 minutes ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Must be with those competitions my best pal won tickets so I'm seeing Kendrick for free ??

Yeah I’m not really a fan but can’t complain about going for free. Also won tickets for Phoenix and Belle & Sebastian with them this year so fair to say I’m a big fan of these competitions!

19 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I’m not really a fan but can’t complain about going for free. Also won tickets for Phoenix and Belle & Sebastian with them this year so fair to say I’m a big fan of these competitions!

is there a signup to like a newsletter or something to get entered to all these, sounds good!

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

is there a signup to like a newsletter or something to get entered to all these, sounds good!

They normally just seem to advertise them on the Gigs in Scotland facebook/twitter pages. Pretty sure it’s just everyone who enters wins as at Belle & Sebastian there was a list about four A4 pages long of winners :lol: 

Just now, kingcrawler said:

They normally just seem to advertise them on the Gigs in Scotland facebook/twitter pages. Pretty sure it’s just everyone who enters wins as at Belle & Sebastian there was a list about four A4 pages long of winners :lol: 

thats kind of embarrassing? not scottish anyway not sure why i'm even interested

Not sure if anyone's interested but Muse just announced their album release for the 9th of November, and I've had an email from their site regarding access to tour tickets, so I'm assuming a tour is imminent in March/April & then they'll hit the festivals. They've done Glasto, Reading & Download all on the last album run, so TRNSMT is a huge possibility. As they're my favourite band, I'll be delighted if they get announced!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Claire96 said:

Not sure if anyone's interested but Muse just announced their album release for the 9th of November, and I've had an email from their site regarding access to tour tickets, so I'm assuming a tour is imminent in March/April & then they'll hit the festivals. They've done Glasto, Reading & Download all on the last album run, so TRNSMT is a huge possibility. As they're my favourite band, I'll be delighted if they get announced!

They could do big weekend again

12 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Can see Muse doing the European festivals like Mad Cool and NOS Alive that weekend and there’s normally not too much crossover. Definitely a contender though.

Ah that's something I hadn't thought about. Reckon they're an absolute stick on for Mad Cool, too.

Obviously Arctic Monkeys did both this year but they played TRNSMT on the non-Mad Cool weekend didn't they.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Ah that's something I hadn't thought about. Reckon they're an absolute stick on for Mad Cool, too.

Obviously Arctic Monkeys did both this year but they played TRNSMT on the non-Mad Cool weekend didn't they.

Yeah weirdly neither weekend clashed with Mad Cool last year but this years does. If they did earlier days in Europe and the Sunday at TRNSMT it would be fine I guess. I was thinking The Cure could have been a headliner but reckon they’re more likely to play elsewhere that weekend too.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah weirdly neither weekend clashed with Mad Cool last year but this years does. If they did earlier days in Europe and the Sunday at TRNSMT it would be fine I guess. I was thinking The Cure could have been a headliner but reckon they’re more likely to play elsewhere that weekend too.

Ah fair I just saw Arctic Monkeys did TRNSMT on 1st July and assumed the other weekend was Mad Cool weekend but that wouldn't have made sense as it'd be 2 weeks later.

Yeah if The Cure are touring they also seem like a natural fit for Mad Cool now; much moreso than TRNSMT.

I guess the fact Mad Cool runs Thu-Sat makes it easier, though. Muse could easily do Thu Mad Cool, Fri NOS, Sun TRNSMT or something.

41 minutes ago, joonythoony said:

Green day seem too big to play at trnsmt

Nah not a chance, TRNSMT is 90% focused on the days headliner it seems to me, so I guess for the artists/management its like having a day festival like how Liam and QOTSA did this year, just with someone else organising it. They have had Radiohead and like Queen too (not that Queen sold well but), they can near enough have anyone I imagine.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'd say bands that can comfortably sell out Hampden are too big for TRNSMT. DF can't just 'decide' to book acts that can get better money on their own. Obviously that's not Green Day though.

I wouldn't, if those bands are willing to still play festivals. DF might deem them too big though. Which is a seperate discussion for another day.