TRNSMT Lineup 2019

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

I think after the itison ticket business this year they’ll need to throw money at a Sheeran/Beyoncé/Adele type.

Either that or get Calvin to press his buttons again, just like the bad old days.

If it was three days this year would have been a near sellout I think, just the second weekend struggled.

20 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Just a thought, unlikely but Libertines? 

Muse, Libertines/Strong Undercard, then the other act. Maybe? Just like the good old days?

i don't know if libertines are there next year since they are only headlining small fests

59 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Would Coldplay be active? Always going to sell tickets. Gorillaz have a new album, would they sell well as a headliner?

Coldplay aren’t touring until 2021 apparently, reckon they’d be more likely to just play a stadium than TRNSMT anyway. Gorillaz could be a decent shout though, not sure how well it would sell but they’re definitely possible. Think I’d go with Muse, Florence and The 1975 just now.

17 hours ago, gfa said:

howcome they haven't played for so long out of interest?

Don't know specifically why not Scotland but generally they don't play much in the UK outside of London and big festivals.  In 2016 when they were fairly active they played 32 dates in America, and only five in the UK, of which three were Wembley Arena, one was Bestival and only Manchester Arena as a provincial arena date - and even that was a relative rarity.  They are one of those bands who can pick and choose their offers and with still being big in the US and parts of Europe they have plenty of scope.  Doesn't mean they can't occasionally pop up at Glasgow or Birmingham of course (and would be guaranteed sellers if they did) but they choose not to.

As for another suggestion, these days the Libertines are a closer fit for Electric Fields than TRNSMT.

FRI: Muse, The Streets, Rudimental, Twin Atlantic, The DMA's, Tom Walker
SAT: Florence + the Machine, Bastille, Years & Years, The Vaccines, Sigrid, The View, Jade Bird
SUN: The 1975, Snow Patrol, Christine & the Queens, The Wombats, Tom Odell, Pale Waves, Sundara Karma

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

SAT: Florence + the Machine, Bastille, Years & Years, The Vaccines, Sigrid, The View, Jade Bird
SUN: The 1975, Snow Patrol, Christine & the Queens, The Wombats, Tom Odell, Pale Waves, Sundara Karma

Seems fair. I don’t think they’d have Snow Patrol sub though, probably more likely to do a different outdoor gig if they don’t headline here. Would replace with Hozier.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Seems fair. I don’t think they’d have Snow Patrol sub though, probably more likely to do a different outdoor gig if they don’t headline here. Would replace with Hozier.

Yeah I was thinking they could end up at Summer Sessions or something but they don't seem to be selling out The Hydro too quickly. Like most of the world I forgot Hozier existed but that seems a fair shout.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Twin Atlantic subbed this next year, not lower than third anyway given last time, summer sessions sub this year, hydro and barras shows etc.

Will have a new album out by then I would wager, or out in the summer

On 7/9/2018 at 7:44 PM, gfa said:

howcome they haven't played for so long out of interest?

I was speaking to someone a few weeks back who knows the lads from twighlight sad, they apparently asked Robert this while on tour with him and it simply is a case the last gig they did in Scotland was in Aberdeen and it was shit, so they haven’t bothered to come back

Seems a bit of a jokey answer rather than constituting a complete boycott.  I did look the other day on setlist.fm and the most recent I could find was in Edinburgh in the early 90s, though I'm sure one of my mates saw them at the SECC around then (though that could have been very late 80s).

I believe DF have put offers out to The Cure previously about doing gigs/festivals in Scotland however they have never taken up those offers. 

On a side note, I noticed the date has changed from the usual T/TRNSMT slot of first weekend in July to the 2nd weekend for next year. Interesting to see how that develops as those weekends this year have MadCool, Nos Alive and BBK among other festivals on this year. 

On 7/9/2018 at 5:34 PM, jj200 said:

tame impala haven't released a new album yet so it can't be them and they are still touring the album from 2015.

They will be releasing another one soon. They are headlining this Sunday in London somewhere and playing in Madrid tonight. They are getting the show back on the road it would appear, as the last time they did a gig was a year ago. Might announce an album for May 2019 like they did with Currents, that would result in a tour + festival slots. Very possible IMO and they are big enough to headline pretty much any festival in the land. 

On The Cure: Christ knows why they never gig in Scotland. They very rarely do gigs outside London and America TBF. 

3 hours ago, wishyboz6 said:

They will be releasing another one soon. They are headlining this Sunday in London somewhere and playing in Madrid tonight. They are getting the show back on the road it would appear, as the last time they did a gig was a year ago. Might announce an album for May 2019 like they did with Currents, that would result in a tour + festival slots. Very possible IMO and they are big enough to headline pretty much any festival in the land. 

I read somewhere that Kevin Parker hadn't even started writing a new album in January of this year, so I don't think it'll be a couple of years away still. I certainly don't agree with them being able to headline any UK festival - not yet anyway.

On 7/11/2018 at 2:19 PM, Cocky19 said:

On a side note, I noticed the date has changed from the usual T/TRNSMT slot of first weekend in July to the 2nd weekend for next year. Interesting to see how that develops as those weekends this year have MadCool, Nos Alive and BBK among other festivals on this year. 

I think T and then TRNSMT has consistently been the weekend with the second Sunday of July.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The Academy tour they did last year sold out, albeit not right away. Not a headliner I don't think, and DF haven't seen them as a proper headliner for years anyways.

Not played Download for a while now and if they don't give them it I'd expect IOW probably and Creamfields. 

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The Academy tour they did last year sold out, albeit not right away. Not a headliner I don't think, and DF haven't seen them as a proper headliner for years anyways.

Neither were Stereophonics or Liam Gallagher. TRNSMT is a 50k fest, not a 85k fest. 

1 hour ago, devilman said:

Neither were Stereophonics or Liam Gallagher. TRNSMT is a 50k fest, not a 85k fest. 

It's back to three days next year though, so there's no call to fill out the days with weaker headliners like the Phonics.

Going back to last year's festival; there was one sub about the same size as The Prodigy and one who was bigger, so I think The Prodigy could, and probably will be a sub at TRNSMT.