TRNSMT Lineup 2019

• 1 month later...

Did consider this year before opting for Mad Cool and Lolla Paris. The AM and Killers days in particular were very appealing.

A Muse-Foals ticket like they got at Glastonbury 2016 would be a definite one I would look to book. But that's assuming either is playing festivals next year.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Did consider this year before opting for Mad Cool and Lolla Paris. The AM and Killers days in particular were very appealing.

A Muse-Foals ticket like they got at Glastonbury 2016 would be a definite one I would look to book. But that's assuming either is playing festivals next year.

Both are fairly likely muse are likely to have an album out before next summer and don't have many options in the UK since they done Glasto, download and reading and Leeds last tour so TRNSMT will probably get them especially if it's a two weekender. Foals are also teasing new music but they still need to sort out a new bassist before they tour again but I think they are ready to headline

Muse are doing a world tour next year. I can see them doing what they did with Drones and not do festivals here first time around and do their own arena shows instead.

I can see Florence and the Machine announcing festivals after her tour at the tail end of the year.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

Muse are doing a world tour next year. I can see them doing what they did with Drones and not do festivals here first time around and do their own arena shows instead.

I can see Florence and the Machine announcing festivals after her tour at the tail end of the year.

They did Download the first year of Drones, I'm pretty sure. Do you mean the album before?

If it's two weekends again I imagine the headliners will be a thin spread. Nutini and Snow Patrol are bound to show up.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think Florence is a stick on - especially after TRNSMT getting criticised for the lack of females on the line-up again this year.

I don't know if the Foo Fighters will still be touring next year? It's a bit strange that they missed out Scotland and Ireland from their current leg.

Depending how well the 1975's new albums perform; they could well headline too.

On 7/3/2018 at 1:33 AM, dentalplan said:

They did Download the first year of Drones, I'm pretty sure. Do you mean the album before?

If it's two weekends again I imagine the headliners will be a thin spread. Nutini and Snow Patrol are bound to show up.

That was pre-Drones I'm sure. 

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, Paulmcm1998 said:

Both are fairly likely muse are likely to have an album out before next summer and don't have many options in the UK since they done Glasto, download and reading and Leeds last tour so TRNSMT will probably get them especially if it's a two weekender. Foals are also teasing new music but they still need to sort out a new bassist before they tour again but I think they are ready to headline

Oh I was meaning more in the context of Foals before Muse, as was the case on the Glastonbury Pyramid Stage in 2016. Looked great on TV. But I presume given Foals headlined R&L and Belsonic in 2016 that they would be considered big enough to headline an event like TRNSMT on their own, even if they're still sorting out the new bassist beforehand.

I think Muse's Download performance was in the week Drones came out in the UK. It was definitely where they played The Handler for the first time, as I recall their hardcore fans online getting extremely excited by its appearance. But I was assuming they were going to stick to arenas at first, not least given band members have hinted they've got some new out there concept for the upcoming tour. But I'm guessing we won't know much more until their next album comes out in November.

Edited by charlierc

Back to three days... they have announced next year - 12-14th July, suppose early birds are next. Bet they didn't shift many at five days and was a mess giving away VIP's and the golden circle fiasco. Glad it is back again else it would make this thread pointless.

Muse or The Cure / Royal Blood
The 1975 / George Ezra
Florence + The Machine / Bastille

I'd be happy enough. Get some Twin Atlantic, Courtney Barnett, We Are Scientists, Idles, Fatherson on the main stage, Black Honey, You Me At Six and Janelle Monae in there, happy days.

2 hours ago, harryomatic said:

Muse or The Cure / Royal Blood
The 1975 / George Ezra
Florence + The Machine / Bastille

I'd be happy enough. Get some Twin Atlantic, Courtney Barnett, We Are Scientists, Idles, Fatherson on the main stage, Black Honey, You Me At Six and Janelle Monae in there, happy days.

bastille are a good sub but they could headline it if the new album sells well

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

The Cure haven't done a gig in Scotland in about 25 years. Not happening.

I think it'll be Bastille/The 1975, Tame Impala, Snow Patrol. 

tame impala haven't released a new album yet so it can't be them and they are still touring the album from 2015.

2 hours ago, wishyboz6 said:

The Cure haven't done a gig in Scotland in about 25 years. Not happening.

I think it'll be Bastille/The 1975, Tame Impala, Snow Patrol. 

howcome they haven't played for so long out of interest?