Download Festival - distance from camp to stage

BHD

Hey all - we're attending Download for the first time this year.  Can't get there until mid afternoon on the Friday.  We'll be driving (and parking) and have general camping tickets.  Can anyone who has previously attended give me an approx. distance between the car park and camp site and also between the camp site and stage area?  Additionally, are you allocated a specific campsite or is it first come, first served.  Having done Glastonbury, I know you need to be there about a day before you want to see any of the bands (!) and I'm concerned we won't get to see the start of A7X if we don't arrive until mid afternoon. TIA

Welcome to eFestivals

Here's an old pic from an archived forum. Campsites at the top and the walk to the arena is about 20 minutes from Red (depending on how fast you walk. Last year the car park was located just below the Camper Van area on the other side of the A453.

The full forum for Download posts can be found here: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/forum/25-download-festival/

Lots of helpful people in there

Image result for download festival site