Best ticket buying experience AXS

drewsstrat

Now in queue for Rolling Stones tickets and although they don’t open until 9 axs lets you preselect your ticket category and put your bank details in.  Also keeps you intouch with progress in queue which is randomised in pushing you up..

so glastonbury organisers  take note .. please get seetickets doing same  or move to a supplier who can deliver a much more customer friendly service.. I lost out last year when entering my bank details .. totally gutted 

Edited by drewsstrat

Just now, drewsstrat said:

so glastonbury organisers  take note .. please get seetickets doing sane or move to a supplier who can deliver a much more customer friendly service.. I lost out last year when entering my bank details .. totally gutted 

it wouldn't be any more friendly. The same number of people will still miss out, and will still feel shafted.

And on the basis that it takes everyone the same amount of time to enter their bank details, you'd still have missed out yourself.

5 minutes ago, mike86 said:

Surely seetickets throttle it on purpose in order to make it an even chance for everyone.

yep, See Tickets definitely throttle it, for the tickets to be sold over a timescale agreed with Glasto.

They deliberately want to make it more random than first-come first-served.

Edited by eFestivals

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it wouldn't be any more friendly. The same number of people will still miss out, and will still feel shafted.

And on the basis that it takes everyone the same amount of time to enter their bank details, you'd still have missed out yourself.

I dunno.  It's not going to be any fairer, sure, but there does seem something quite civilised about not stressing your head off trying to enter details as fast as possible.

Having said that I'm a relatively tech savvy person who has only obtained tickets the last couple of years due to working with ridiculously organised and dedicated groups of ticket buyers. So the current setup works slightly in my advantage and it probably skews towards the more dedicated festival goers, so you could argue that's more 'fair' than an absolutely random lottery.  

But if you leave aside the chances of getting tickets, entering your details at your leisure, then waiting to either get tickets or not seems like a much better user experience - until you fail to get tickets of course ;-)

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I dunno.  It's not going to be any fairer, sure, but there does seem something quite civilised about not stressing your head off trying to enter details as fast as possible.

For me, the more parts that randomise success the better.

And the only "not stressing your head off" is a guaranteed ticket before the sale has started.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Having said that I'm a relatively tech savvy person who has only obtained tickets the last couple of years due to working with ridiculously organised and dedicated groups of ticket buyers. So the current setup works slightly in my advantage and it probably skews towards the more dedicated festival goers, so you could argue that's more 'fair' than an absolutely random lottery.  

i like the fact that it rewards the more-dedicated, but i also like the fact it's still got bits in there that can fuck up a person's sense of entitlement.

AXS is an american corporation, along with Ticketmaster.  They should use The Ticket Factory. UK based, and very customer friendly. 

Saying that I can't really see them moving now since See have built a system that 'sort of' works, but Glastonbury should always stick to it's British roots.

I got tickets this morning , but the pain of not getting tickets for Glastonbury last year twice  on the card details page is hard to swallow.. almost there but not.. I’d rather be left in a queue knowing I wasn’t close

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I suspect the AXS system has proved plain sailing for the Stones for a lot of people this time around cos the demand wasn't all that high.

Demand for the Stones has been much lower than I thought it would be. Just looked and GA Standing tickets for the Friday at the London Stadium are still available.

Stones tickets are an odd thing, controlled by wyrd science and arcane algorithms.  They sell out and then go on sale again hour by hour. Prices rocket and collapse like the tides.  The stadiums will be busy enough....but the fact that there was no second Manchester date announced pretty much says it all.

I was there was a way to pre-enter card details for glastonbury sale. I have dyslexia and tend to get sequencing wrong, I missed out on the 2016 festival because I put a digit in the wrong place in a panic, it had sold out by the time I realised where the mistake was :(

I did email the festival to no response, I suppose its easy to look at as sour grapes

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Stones tickets are an odd thing, controlled by wyrd science and arcane algorithms.  They sell out and then go on sale again hour by hour. Prices rocket and collapse like the tides.  The stadiums will be busy enough....but the fact that there was no second Manchester date announced pretty much says it all.

All very odd.

They should have sold the saturday first (if that was the 2nd date) and filled it

4 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

AXS is an american corporation, along with Ticketmaster.  They should use The Ticket Factory. UK based, and very customer friendly. 

If we're going into the corporation background then the owner of AXS is a pro-fracking oil tycoon who donates millions to the Republican party and also to a number of groups that are against homosexuality, immigration, abortion and marijuana legalisation. Would not be a good fit to have money from Glasto goers passing through to those causes.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, august1 said:

I was there was a way to pre-enter card details for glastonbury sale. I have dyslexia and tend to get sequencing wrong, I missed out on the 2016 festival because I put a digit in the wrong place in a panic, it had sold out by the time I realised where the mistake was :(

I did email the festival to no response, I suppose its easy to look at as sour grapes

I think you might be able to do that with some sort of Autofill extension, or Hotkeys.

21 hours ago, august1 said:

Have all address details and card number etc. Saved on a separate document so you can copy and paste quickly. 

Glastonbury ticket sale without stress...=  without 'end of the world' sadness, without huge clumps of hair falling/pulled out, without wanting to smash all things interwebby. 

Without sublime happiness, without camaraderie, without the most euphoric smug faced look known throughout history.

I LOVE IT LIKE IT IS (especially when tickets secured :P)