Would you say Bestival suitable for children?

Justmeplus3

Hi all,

I have done quite a few day festivals with my children since they were tiny babies but we have done Camp Bestival the last four years camping and loved it. We had a good time last year but were kind of bored of it too and now the children are 9, 11 and 14 they would like to see more well.known acts. I made the decision to book bestival as the line up is always more appealing than CB. The thing is someone told me it is not for kids and there's alot of drunks etc hmmmm...

Now I'm a little unsure. I have only ever done dance festivals where there are more drugs than drunks lol!! And never done Reading, Glasto or the likes so can't compare. I felt like Bestival was a good step up for us as we know the layout and like I say line up always good. Plus they sell kids tickets so it must be Ok right?

Anyone's experiences or thoughts welcomed....Cheers....

It's a bit difficult to say..

In the past there's not been much specific provision for kids, and I don't remember seeing many of them around, but I guess that at least part of that was that all of the previous festivals have been in the middle of September. With it being moved into the school holidays this year, the demographics may change a bit. And being the weekend after CB, some of the kid focussed things may be more likely to turn up as they'll already be in place.

My gut reaction is that it depends on how mature the kids are and on what you're happy for them to see. There's likely to be plenty of drunk or stoned people on display, and last year had a few ket heads but I don't think that (from what I saw anyway) that it felt especially threatening. So if they're not going to be bored with what's on offer, and you don't mind them seeing adults behaving badly, then I can't see a problem with taking them. But you'll probably need (and want) to be a lot more aware of where they are, what they're doing, etc than you were at CB previously. My guess is that it's probably going to be a bigger adjustment for you than it is for them..

• 1 month later...