Sold Out

bottonrob

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Kids and Thursday no adult weekend.

its taken them a while to shift the last 1500 they had day after line up announcing ! 

34 minutes ago, Pooly JP said:

With it being sold out already can we expect any further additions to be announced around the resale then? 

Not that I'm expecting anything major to be added.

Think we will get some more soon as y not are saying they got something to announce expecting a medium size couple of additional acts

I'm still looking forward to Kendal Calling. I'm glad its sold out because it means there will be demand for those who aren't happy with the line up to sell the tickets on and that overall the vibe of the festival will be better because everyone wants to be there

The likely shit weather or being stuck with the wildling in general camping wont stop me from having a good time

1 hour ago, thurlow84 said:

I'm still looking forward to Kendal Calling. I'm glad its sold out because it means there will be demand for those who aren't happy with the line up to sell the tickets on and that overall the vibe of the festival will be better because everyone wants to be there

The likely shit weather or being stuck with the wildling in general camping wont stop me from having a good time

not in emperors this year?

19 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

not at the moment. didn't buy my ticket last year so I missed out. I am on the mailing list in case any get returned though

I’ve been non emperor a few times. 

Was in family and it was ideal. The hill on the way out is the problem, especially with the usual mud situation. 

If your going in Thursday morning your initial walk to a spot on the fringes of general ( nearest the Car park not the arena ) wouldn’t be that much further than my walk will be from the car to an emperors spot cause I’m not down till Friday.

Fingers crossed you get lucky with emperors.

23 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

If your going in Thursday morning your initial walk to a spot on the fringes of general ( nearest the Car park not the arena ) wouldn’t be that much further than my walk will be from the car to an emperors spot cause I’m not down till Friday.

a lot of people get a shock when they expect to be a short distance from the car, then arrive Friday and are parked at the top of the field, then have to walk all the way down to the only space left which is normally emperors 2 down by where you drive out to go home on the Monday! 

3 hours ago, jamj said:

a lot of people get a shock when they expect to be a short distance from the car, then arrive Friday and are parked at the top of the field, then have to walk all the way down to the only space left which is normally emperors 2 down by where you drive out to go home on the Monday! 

True. This has happened to me.

Did they only have one access point too in 2017? That was a major pain in the arse in 2016, channelling us all through that security checkpoint and having vehicles going past too so they dropped a bit of string you had to wait at then battle your way out past the people coming in

4 hours ago, jamj said:

Did they only have one access point too in 2017? That was a major pain in the arse in 2016, channelling us all through that security checkpoint and having vehicles going past too so they dropped a bit of string you had to wait at then battle your way out past the people coming in

Aye. We were parked right at the far end as I arrived mid afternoon Friday. Walked down the road instead of through the grass in the car park field. 

String guy nearly had a heart attack I remember.

Have been a Friday arrival last 2 years but have always been able to move my car closer to the exit  before we leave.

In fairness the one way in and out and the constant checking of wristbands in and out is a decent security measure. Had their problems with the tent thiefs over the years.

13 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

In fairness the one way in and out and the constant checking of wristbands in and out is a decent security measure. Had their problems with the tent thiefs over the years.

I think the checking of it is, but the set up wasn't ideal if you ask me, they needed more and bigger stations - there was even a station at the top end of the field where you say you were parked that wasn't used all that weekend.  Trying to ferry emperors arrivals under one standard sized gazebo from argos was the pits.  I also heard that was introduced as a measure the year after the poor lad lost his life, and let's face it the dog checks you out more than your wristband is checked!! there were times we were just waved through down to the sheer amount of people but that jobsworth with the dog on the other side wouldn't let you past till you'd been well n truly sniffed! whilst I agree it's a positive security measure, there's nothing to stop thieves buying a ticket and getting in no problem as what they could haul would be worth more than the ticket price, even just for one night.

8 minutes ago, jamj said:

I think the checking of it is, but the set up wasn't ideal if you ask me, they needed more and bigger stations - there was even a station at the top end of the field where you say you were parked that wasn't used all that weekend.  Trying to ferry emperors arrivals under one standard sized gazebo from argos was the pits.  I also heard that was introduced as a measure the year after the poor lad lost his life, and let's face it the dog checks you out more than your wristband is checked!! there were times we were just waved through down to the sheer amount of people but that jobsworth with the dog on the other side wouldn't let you past till you'd been well n truly sniffed! whilst I agree it's a positive security measure, there's nothing to stop thieves buying a ticket and getting in no problem as what they could haul would be worth more than the ticket price, even just for one night.

Don’t disagree. 

Maybe the issue is that emperors is way bigger than it was a few years back but they haven’t increased the number of entry points.

A second way in at the top of the field would be an excellent idea.