AndrewSmith

RIZE Festival (Hylands Park, Chelmsford)

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I meant JT. It's going to be him, isn't it?

:lol: fair enough.

I dunno I feel like he's one of those that has decided to just not do fests - similar to Britney (no I'm not counting Pride :P

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I meant JT. It's going to be him, isn't it?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

12 minutes ago, lendan said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Might not be, potentially...

The Radio X thing looks tenuous. I’d say at best they’re sponsoring a smaller stage with bands on it.

turns out I was well off with today's guess and much closer with my guess back in the autumn (tho still very wrong on specific bands).

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

turns out I was well off with today's guess and much closer with my guess back in the autumn (tho still very wrong on specific bands).

It's a weird mix in my opinion, still kind of looks like they aren't sure where they are going with it

So they’ve gone towards a more indie rock-based bill? Interesting, but probably gonna be disappointed.

Give us a scoop please @eFestivals.

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Right what did Neil guess back in the Autumn?!

Just had a look and all I could see was him thinking they may go back to having more guitar bands in there as opposed to outright pop, but I can't see any specific guesses from him anywhere.

Actually I remember Neil thinking in the Latitude section that Flo was a good bet for this before agreeing that her tour dates made her look more likely for Latitude. Maybe he's referring to her when he says he was wrong on specific acts.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just had a look and all I could see was him thinking they may go back to having more guitar bands in there as opposed to outright pop, but I can't see any specific guesses from him anywhere.

If they did what would be a good act to play the festival realistic, whats your prediction @Gucci Piggy even though we don't know much. By the way, great profile picture, look good.

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So they’ve gone towards a more indie rock-based bill? Interesting, but probably gonna be disappointed.

Will just be a bill flooded with the likes of Imagine Dragons and Kaiser Chiefs tbh, wouldn't it? Shame they've wasted KoL, The Kooks and The Wombats on R&L.

Headliner wise its not pop orientated but the undercard is a pop heavy with a few indie bands for good measure. 

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

If they did what would be a good act to play the festival realistic, whats your prediction @Gucci Piggy even though we don't know much. By the way, great profile picture, look good.

I'd say Florence but I think that may be an act Neil is referring to when he says he was wrong on specific acts.

Liam Gallagher if he isn't already doing too many other fests/outdoor shows.

Imagine Dragons probably as a sub but maybe a headliner if there's a decreased capacity or something.

Not sure really as the usual V bands seem to be busy elsewhere (Killers, KoL, Kasabian).

Edit: I do look good, don't I? Cheers.

Edited by Gucci Piggy
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Callum_96 said:

Headliner wise its not pop orientated but the undercard is a pop heavy with a few indie bands for good measure. 

Would you say it's decent?

Royal Blood? Exclusive? They were in the charts and then someone like Florence and pop undercards?

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I'd say Florence but I think that may be an act Neil is referring to when he says he was wrong on specific acts.

nailed. :)

10 minutes ago, James96 said:

Would you say it's decent?

It's nothing to shout home about, very drab and nothing new. I think most acts on the bill have been announced for various other festivals, both headliners are headlining a different day of a certain festival north of the border...

1 minute ago, Callum_96 said:

It's nothing to shout home about, very drab and nothing new. I think most acts on the bill have been announced for various other festivals, both headliners are headlining a different day of a certain festival north of the border...

Whats north of the border? 

Are The XX doing anything this year? They seem like they could be in with a shout though again may be a tad small to outright headline

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

TRNSMT I'm guessing. Doubt they would rebook Killers and they aint got Arctics so it Liam Gallagher & Stereophonics?

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

TRNSMT. Won't be Arctic Monkeys and The Killers don't seem to be around in August so I guess it's Liam and Stereophonics then.

1 minute ago, Callum_96 said:

Was gonna say Stereophonics along with Snow Patrol as having no English fests, then realised they're at Tramlines. Them and Liam Gallagher? Actually I guess if I'm not ruling LG out due to his million other fest shows then I can't rule The Killers out either.