RIZE Festival (Hylands Park, Chelmsford)

AndrewSmith

15 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Hard to see what demographic they'e trying to hit there. LG/Stereophonics fans won't like that undercard but your usual V poo fans ain't gonna care for those as headliners. Trying to aim for both but pleasing neither.

Demographic? Probably folk around 35+ that aren't massively into music except what's on telly and mainstream radio. A lot of festivals (more so the family-oriented ones) are going for that nowadays. The lineup shares a lot of similarities with other festivals, as people are starting to point out.

Edited by dentalplan

So lets throw this one out there....Dave  = (Grohl) ?

A bit far fetched I know but seems weird there is not a Sunday.

Anyhow -  Pretty decent line up but will have John Giddings seething I assume as IOW50 isn't setting the world alight with ticket sales and this won't help

Fancy the Saturday as only round the corner to me and hopefully with this line up with keep the Essex boys and girls away !

• Downvote 2

Just now, countingcrow said:

Anyhow -  Pretty decent line up but will have John Giddings seething I assume as IOW50 isn't setting the world alight with ticket sales and this won't help

Fancy the Saturday as only round the corner to me and hopefully with this line up with keep the Essex boys and girls away !

There are other Daves my friend 

Genuinely think that’s ok for the money.  They’ve clearly dropped it to a mid level festival and the price reflects it.  Liam is the big seller so him heading the Friday with a more V festival undercard on the Saturday makes sense.  

Said in an earlier post that Liam’s own gig was only about £4 cheaper so I can’t see this having issues selling out. 

48 minutes ago, countingcrow said:

Dave is a rapper mate

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Genuinely think that’s ok for the money.  They’ve clearly dropped it to a mid level festival and the price reflects it.  Liam is the big seller so him heading the Friday with a more V festival undercard on the Saturday makes sense.  

Said in an earlier post that Liam’s own gig was only about £4 cheaper so I can’t see this having issues selling out. 

Yeah for the money you can't complain really. I would watch all the top 5 acts there on Friday but I'd be more into Craig David that any of them....he smashed Glasto last year, defo in top 3 but I'd rather the set he did there than just a TS5 set.

I do however think that Stereophincs is scraping a bit but could do well on the Saturday. They have defo looked at the smaller fests in Victorious, Kendall Ynot etc doing well though and Bastille as a sub there considering they are subbing major festivals is a good get.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah for the money you can't complain really. I would watch all the top 5 acts there on Friday but I'd be more into Craig David that any of them....he smashed Glasto last year, defo in top 3 but I'd rather the set he did there than just a TS5 set.

I do however think that Stereophincs is scraping a bit but could do well on the Saturday. They have defo looked at the smaller fests in Victorious, Kendall Ynot etc doing well though and Bastille as a sub there considering they are subbing major festivals is a good get.

I think for them Liam will sell his day on his own.  Then the other day would struggle but with Years & Years, Bastille and Rag n Bone man they’ve catered for the typical V audience.  I’d be surprised if it didn’t go close to seeking out pretty immediately 

29 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’d be surprised if it didn’t go close to seeking out pretty immediately

I'd be really quite shocked if it sold out immediately, or at all even. Its dropped prices, sure, but its also pared down the lineup to compete with the likes of Victorious and Boardmasters and stuff now, and these acts are spread pretty thin. It still has a pretty huge capacity to fill as well.

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'd be really quite shocked if it sold out immediately, or at all even. Its dropped prices, sure, but its also pared down the lineup to compete with the likes of Victorious and Boardmasters and stuff now, and these acts are spread pretty thin. It still has a pretty huge capacity to fill as well.

TBH, I presumed the capacity would have dropped to? (But that was just guessing). 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that's a copy-over from the V listing.

I asked the press office for the new capacity before the announcement, but they've yet to come back to me with the answer.

ah cheers, did seem a bit off.

I got my victorious tickets for this year without camping for £88 for the 3 days. That's including all the fees. If they're trying to compete with that it's still vastly overpriced. Yes I know victorious has gone up now but if you know about it you get in early.  

Hard to compare so far however as we  have to see how this new fest pads out but if they try to give bare minimum for max cash like V did, this will fail, there's just too much choice these days.