Jump to content
AndrewSmith

RIZE Festival (Hylands Park, Chelmsford)

Recommended Posts

Looks like the replacement for V has finally been confirmed at the Hylands Park site


 

Edited by AndrewSmith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to this website, RiZE "is also attached to a high-profile Liam Gallagher gig in Lancashire on August 18, 2018. This event is promoted by Festival Republic which also promoted V Festival."

Maybe that is the first act confirmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

According to this website, RiZE "is also attached to a high-profile Liam Gallagher gig in Lancashire on August 18, 2018. This event is promoted by Festival Republic which also promoted V Festival."

Maybe that is the first act confirmed

RiZE is SJM and FR/LN. They are promoting gigs including Liam Gallagher. SJM and FR both have shares in V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly day events rather than a camping festival?

Dates are August 17-18, 2018... which is Fri & Saturday, no Sunday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be keeping an eye on this, no plans in August at all at the moment and interested to see if this will be more of a V from the last couple of years or the line ups pre 2013. 

Arcade Fire wouldn't really fit the demographic if it's in the style of recent V's (has it been confirmed what type of market this will be aiming at?) but they are playing festivals in Denmark, Sweden and Norway the weekend before Rize with no UK festival appearance this year so far. I'd probably make the trip for them or someone I'm not seeing elsewhere. 

Edited by alexlloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stu_kent said:

Possibly day events rather than a camping festival?

Dates are August 17-18, 2018... which is Fri & Saturday, no Sunday?

Well in their photo they have little camping huts next to the tent stage..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would imagine Liam is unlikely as a headliner as he already has a headline show in Finsbury park.

Would guess at it being Florence for one night. Hope they try and make it less pop orientated than V and don't get tempted by rap as there is plenty of that already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florence isn’t a bad shout, Royal Blood aren’t doing any UK festivals either but are they big enough to headline it (not sure if it’s a like for like replacement for V or they’re downsizing). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s quite a convenient gap in Mr. Timberlake’s European tour over the weekend that this is on.

I haven’t got my hopes up that they will change this thing completely. At most I reckon it might step back to where it was a few years ago where there was a selection of indie rock bands and maybe one headlining but most of all it’ll be charts pop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DR OK said:

Would imagine Liam is unlikely as a headliner as he already has a headline show in Finsbury park.

Would guess at it being Florence for one night. Hope they try and make it less pop orientated than V and don't get tempted by rap as there is plenty of that already

It is sold out completely though. I'm going to have a random stab at Liam with Ashcroft supporting him on his day as extra motivation for sales. Florence as well yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is going back to Indie or Rock which is highly unlikely at the moment who do you think would headline. Hoping this will be a good Rock or Indie lineup to make up for disappointment. I agree with @dentalplan, a mix of genres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if FR saved Foo Fighters to do this to go back to what it was because it is near Reading and wouldn't want them twice near the same part?

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Language

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

What if FR saved Foo Fighters to do this to go back to what it was because it is near Reading and wouldn't want them twice near the same part?

Then they’d have banjaxed their flagship event to help launch a new one that is half the size, and half the payday for Foo Fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Then they’d have banjaxed their flagship event to help launch a new one that is half the size, and half the payday for Foo Fighters.

True, just a thought, also if you look at the branding its vibrant alluding to pop while also showing camping connecting to camping at the festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, markqpr2000 said:

What about arctic monkeys. Hopefully this festival will go back to the early years that V had, before they started booking terrible headliners. 

Very unlikely considering they will do shows. @eFestivals have you had any information regarding it you can share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, markqpr2000 said:

What about arctic monkeys. Hopefully this festival will go back to the early years that V had, before they started booking terrible headliners. 

29 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Very unlikely considering they will do shows. @eFestivals have you had any information regarding it you can share?

I put this in the old V forum...

Doubt AM. 

FR boss, Melvin Benn from a recent interview when asked about not booking AM for R&L 

"... They've got their own plans.

You sort of know when someone's around and wanting to play, and it wasn't clear to us that they wanted to play, so we didn't push too hard." 

They've got at least 2 dates in London and up to 4 dates in Sheffield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would everyone predict?

I am currently going for 

1. Florence + the Machine

2. Justin Timberlake 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It is sold out completely though. I'm going to have a random stab at Liam with Ashcroft supporting him on his day as extra motivation for sales. Florence as well yes.

Does Liam do 2 nights in a row anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sisco said:

Does Liam do 2 nights in a row anymore?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thetime said:

Yes

Could very well be him then I suppose.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Could very well be him then I suppose.  

It could be the reason why he only has one night at Finsbury, he's also going from Finsbury upto Scotland for TRNSMT the next day. He'd do Friday at Hylands and have to get to Manchester the next day....and for a fest day that will be starting out it would be ideal to out FATM on the Saturday even though she nearly sold out BST apparently. Either way, Ashcroft would guarantee a ticket. I think they could out him under sub but I doubt they would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Beyoncé and Jay-Z are about to announce a co-headline tour. They could play RiZE as both have headlined V Fest solo.

http://www.complex.com/music/2018/02/beyonce-and-jay-z-fans-convinced-this-is-proof-they-are-going-on-tour-soon

I say this knowing full well the headliners will probably be someone like Dua Lipa (which I wouldn't mind although would probably sub) and Liam Gallagher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've thought Justin Timberlake since he announced his return and still think that looks the most obvious shout.

Liam Gallagher maybe considering they're promoting his Manchester show, but he's doing a ridiculous amount of festivals/outdoor shows so far. TRNSMT, IOW, Parklife, LCCC, Finsbury. Would be a bit of a naff booking for them, I think.

If not Liam then I'll go for Florence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, finn_with_1_n said:

Apparently Beyoncé and Jay-Z are about to announce a co-headline tour. They could play RiZE as both have headlined V Fest solo.

http://www.complex.com/music/2018/02/beyonce-and-jay-z-fans-convinced-this-is-proof-they-are-going-on-tour-soon

I say this knowing full well the headliners will probably be someone like Dua Lipa (which I wouldn't mind although would probably sub) and Liam Gallagher

Won't be Dua Lipa, she's at R&L.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×