2018 Reccomendations

Steve1000

40 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I don't know why but I'm really really getting into these. Not usually the kind of thing I'm into but I'm loving The Glorious Sons.

They popped up on my Spotify recommended a while back and been in my playlists since. A very pleasant surprise to see them on the lineup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

Just released their debut album, pretty funky band not sure how to describe them.

They released their debut album a few years ago. It wasn't very good, the new one is better.

edit: also @huntyyy the couple of Teenage Wrist tracks I listened to are pretty good, and I'd never have even tried to listen to a band with that name so cheers.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

One of my favourite songs of the year so far, this. Shame to see them as low as 5th down the FR stage but I guess a lot of teenagers might not remember Spector when they were a bit more relevant. Defo check them out if that's you.

The weirdest thing is that they look - according to the clashfinder I've just painstakingly updated - on course to clash with The Vaccines. I know they've sorta diverged since but they came up around the same time and Spector probably actually benefited at the start from people thinking "ah a new Vaccines song". If I end up going, I'd be a bit annoyed by that clash.

4 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

thanks, until now i thought saoirse ronan was gonna be the one tearing the pit up. this is quite good!!

Glad you like it! There's not much of their music out there to explore at the moment but their first EP was released last month. 

1 minute ago, UndergroundSound said:

Excited to se this lot at 2000 Trees too, they're signed to Slaves' label 'Girl FIght Records' aren't they?

Yeah thats the lot. Slaves have had them support in the local shows a couple of times over the last year or so as well.