Oya festival

ghoulieanne

Hi everyone, me and my friend are thinking of going to Oya Festival in Norway this summer.  Just wondering if anyone else has been and can tell me what it is like? I've never been to any festivals outside the UK before, so I'm quite excited and looking forward to a different experience .. 

Øya is a excellent festival. Located in a beautiful park in the middle of Oslo and easy access to transportation.  I'm living right around 500 meters from the festival.

The festival is pretty expensive, so be aware of that. Around 8 pound for 0,5 l beer. The food is also kind of expensive, but very, very good! It's almost like a food festival inside of a music festival. The crowds is kind of boring/shy, but friendly. 

When the festival is finished for the day, you have something that's called Øyanatt (Øya night). Many venues will then have extra concerts, but you have to pay a fee for it. You get a little discount if you have a ticket for the festival that day. 

If you're wondering about something, just ask! :)  

Well, we were attracted to the line up on the Wednesday as Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire are both on that day... we are thinking of just buying a day ticket and then spending a day just exploring Oslo. My friend has always wanted to go there.

I love the idea of the OYA night events - how much are they and what time do they go on til?

Also, I was wondering whether any more bands are likely to be announced for the Wednesday or is it a smaller line up because its the opening day?

Thanks x

16 hours ago, ghoulieanne said:

I love the idea of the OYA night events - how much are they and what time do they go on til?

Also, I was wondering whether any more bands are likely to be announced for the Wednesday or is it a smaller line up because its the opening day?

Thanks x

The regular price for one Øyanatt is 150-200 NOK. You usually get 50 NOK of discount when you have a Øya ticket for the day.

Every scene has like 4-5 bands per day. We're missing 1-2 bands for the main scene, 3-4 for the second main scene, 3-4 for the tent, 3-4 for the little electro tent, 4-5 for the smallest outdoor scene. 

It's also two bands that's placed on Wednesday, but not a scene, yet. And some bands has not been placed on a day.