Plastic Bottle Ban?

vintagelaureate

3 minutes ago, Rick182 said:

It would be a better idea if they just told everyone to leave all the plastic there as they leave so it all can be melted or disposed of correctly

its better to not create the waste in the first place. first principle of waste management

3 hours ago, Rick182 said:

What's wrong with telling everyone to leave all the plastic there and then after it's over people can collect  it and stick it in a big lorry and it can be destroyed in a way what won't damage the planet

That’s not how it works, sadly.  I do a lot of work with one of the big ocean conservation charities and closing the loop (ie stopping it being produced in the first place) really is the only chance we have.  

On 3/4/2019 at 4:56 PM, Rick182 said:

What's wrong with telling everyone to leave all the plastic there and then after it's over people can collect  it and stick it in a big lorry and it can be destroyed in a way what won't damage the planet

Because most plastic bottles are made from 'virgin' plastic and can't easily be recycled into more bottles.

Cans on the other hand can be easily made into new cans again and again, no disposal needed.

Edited by LeeHC

I cant remember previous years because I don't drink wine but other festivals sell the little bottles of wine (plastic).. hows that going to work? cant give glass bottles out for obvious reasons? 

Do they do wine in capri sun bottles? haha or a can of wine?  In fact do any of the bars actually sell wine?? ha 

13 minutes ago, Havors said:

I cant remember previous years because I don't drink wine but other festivals sell the little bottles of wine (plastic).. hows that going to work? cant give glass bottles out for obvious reasons? 

Do they do wine in capri sun bottles? haha or a can of wine?  In fact do any of the bars actually sell wine?? ha 

I think the wine bars dispense the wine on tap. Not sure about the regular bars though.

7 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I think the wine bars dispense the wine on tap. Not sure about the regular bars though.

Be interesting to know. I would have imagined some bars would sell the one glass (cup) plastic bottles... means they need a new vessel or all start serving on tap? 

On a side note... there is one plastic bottle i think a lot of men (possibly some women?) wont be able to do with out...... the big 3L comfort bottles... :D 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Be interesting to know. I would have imagined some bars would sell the one glass (cup) plastic bottles... means they need a new vessel or all start serving on tap? 

On a side note... there is one plastic bottle i think a lot of men (possibly some women?) wont be able to do with out...... the big 3L comfort bottles... :D 

I believe you will be permitted to bring the latter with you as it is unlikely to be single use :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For me, one of the most iconic sights at the pyramid stage is seeing the guy year after year selling Vodka Jellies - even in the fallow year I was lucky enough to meet him plying his trade at Beautiful Days. Can you sell individual Vodka Jelly in something other than little plastic pots??? 

4 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

For me, one of the most iconic sights at the pyramid stage is seeing the guy year after year selling Vodka Jellies - even in the fallow year I was lucky enough to meet him plying his trade at Beautiful Days. Can you sell individual Vodka Jelly in something other than little plastic pots??? 

The paper ‘shot’ pots of the type you squirt your ketchup / mayo into at fast food places or on cross channel ferries?