Plastic Bottle Ban?

vintagelaureate

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can actually believe that people drink less when it's hot. When it is that hot you drink a lot of water and soft drinks and the booze tends to make you feel more dehydrated, which you can only keep up for so long. When the weather is shit you buy more drinks to warm up/cheer up/get pissed and forget the rain. 

I remember noticing at the time in 2010 that I was drinking all day (both booze and non booze) and barely pissing. Which cannot be good for you!

It’s entirely possible that if you were drinking all day you may have been unaware that you actually had been pissing. I’ve experienced that before. On that subject Morrison’s are selling lenor with 25% more free. So a larger capacity bottle is now available.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I can actually believe that people drink less when it's hot. When it is that hot you drink a lot of water and soft drinks and the booze tends to make you feel more dehydrated, which you can only keep up for so long. When the weather is shit you buy more drinks to warm up/cheer up/get pissed and forget the rain. 

I remember noticing at the time in 2010 that I was drinking all day (both booze and non booze) and barely pissing. Which cannot be good for you!

its a fine balance but the best sales on Counter Bars { bars that don't have a walk in area } are made on Overcast days where its not been all that muddy - On a very Hot day the actual counter is that hot that we have been able to fry a egg on it { when trade was slack } 

Over the Years Bar design has changed although Glastonbury does impose certain restrictions due to ' path width ' so the more modern designs cant be used which is a real shame.

This is a shot taken Monday morning 2010 when the crew camp site had heavy fog - very weird

2010-wbc-46.thumb.jpg.35c812093e509b1bb461806718de8cf4.jpg

It’s a legal requirement for any bar to provide water to anyone who asks for it, so the bars do have to have water available. This was the advice we were given as Shelter bar staff last year.

However - this does not require water tankers. The bars just have the same kind of tap out the back that are dotted around the site for the general public and staff just fill large jugs from that tap and keep them on the bar. 

You really may as well use the taps around the site because but the queues are probably shorter, the water is no different, and it’s an extra hassle for bar staff to keep refilling the jugs.

if you want ‘nice’ water, go to the water aid water points where I think it might actually have a different source, but maybe they don’t either!

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s entirely possible that if you were drinking all day you may have been unaware that you actually had been pissing. I’ve experienced that before. On that subject Morrison’s are selling lenor with 25% more free. So a larger capacity bottle is now available.

Nah I'd notice if I was pissing. It's the whole palaver of going off and queuing and everything that I just didn't do for hours and that was what I noticed. 2010 was that hot that we often stayed in the same place for hours at a time and I'd only realise later I'd not been to the loo for a very long time. Anyway. It's not often *that* hot.

8 hours ago, amfy said:

It’s a legal requirement for any bar to provide water to anyone who asks for it, so the bars do have to have water available. This was the advice we were given as Shelter bar staff last year.

However - this does not require water tankers. The bars just have the same kind of tap out the back that are dotted around the site for the general public and staff just fill large jugs from that tap and keep them on the bar. 

You really may as well use the taps around the site because but the queues are probably shorter, the water is no different, and it’s an extra hassle for bar staff to keep refilling the jugs.

if you want ‘nice’ water, go to the water aid water points where I think it might actually have a different source, but maybe they don’t either!

Your trainer left out the vital words # where possible # - Not every bar has access to a water tap so what is Avalon/Shelter going to do if they don't have a water tap behind the bar ?

in the past 30 years I have worked at a fair number of bars at Glastonbury and many did not have a water tap.

Traders will be selling Water and soft drinks in recyclable cans.

19 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm guessing most will still take plastic bottles for their spirits though? 

I will have a reusable bottle for water, but I normally have a litre of spirit (pre mixed 3:1) on me too in a plastic bottle.

no plastic is allowed

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rick182 said:

So you can bring plastic.... just not buy it?

Correctamundo.  None of the stalls on site will be selling plastic bottles.  No restriction on bringing them in for reusable water bottles, decanted spirits or Lenor bottles for your midnight toiletry needs (other fabric softeners are available).

"Although those coming to Glastonbury 2019 will not be prevented from bringing plastic bottles on to the site, we strongly encourage everyone to join the effort by bringing as little single-use plastic as possible."

Personally I just get one of the steel water canteens as an optional extra when paying off the ticket balance, then carry that around and fillit up from the water pipes around site.

Just now, Rick182 said:

What will the ice cream vans do?

Sell water in cans.  Take a look at the article on the site, it covers everything pretty well:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/plastic-drinks-bottles-will-not-be-available-at-glastonbury-2019/

Meanwhile, canned soft drinks and canned Life Water will be available to purchase from all traders who previously sold soft drinks in plastic bottles