Plastic Bottle Ban?

vintagelaureate

4 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

HOW AM I GOING TO GET MILK NOW?! 

Honestly though... Will there still be milk available onsite? I love making White Russians with the Glasto milk ?

Remember last time when they sold out of milk on Sunday I even bought an overpriced cup of milk off of a coffee stand place just so I could keep drinking White Russians as I finished off the last of my Vodka and Kahlua watching Ed Sheeran.

Can... of..,. milk?!?

1 minute ago, Acid Loafers said:

Honestly though... Will there still be milk available onsite? I love making White Russians with the Glasto milk ?

Remember last time when they sold out of milk on Sunday I even bought an overpriced cup of milk off of a coffee stand place just so I could keep drinking White Russians as I finished off the last of my Vodka and Kahlua watching Ed Sheeran.

Carton, presumably.

Although to be honest that's not any better than plastic.

10 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

get it straight from  the udder stage 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep of course they will ... stupid moment ... but im sure they will charge the same price for 330ml cans as 500ml bottles 

At Victorious festival last year they weren't selling plastic bottles. Most vendors were charging £2.50 for a can! Thought I'd have to start smuggling in my mixers as well as rum, not sure where I'd hide it ?. Had to keep buying a stash of cans every time I went past the place that was only charging a quid (they must've made a fortune by undercutting everyone else).

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I do think this is a good idea but the paper cups are surely a big issue too - is it still too difficult to eradicate them or make bigger moves towards it? I think they're plastic coated too so maybe even unrecyclable? Not sure but the amount the festival must get through is horrendous. 

Get your reusable metal cup. I’ve never used a paper cup on site since they introduced them. 

Edited by Rubber Soldier

6 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Get your reusable metal cup. I’ve never used a paper cup on site since they introduced them. 

Yes I do need to, you are right. But if there was no alternative to using it that would make a big difference. I've been to three other festivals where you had no choice but to buy the reusable and it was great. The reason I haven't at Glastonbury yet is I've never spotted anywhere to buy them on site. Do you need to buy ahead of time?

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yes I do need to, you are right. But if there was no alternative to using it that would make a big difference. I've been to three other festivals where you had no choice but to buy the reusable and it was great. The reason I haven't at Glastonbury yet is I've never spotted anywhere to buy them on site. Do you need to buy ahead of time?

We got ours in 2016, and they were on sale at a limited number of bars. As far as I know they were available pretty much everywhere in 2017, I’d imagine it’ll be the same this year. 

Just noticed in the Glastonbury statement that they said drinking water is available at all the bars - has that always been the case? I've always queued at the taps thinking that was the only place! Wish I'd known if so.

Also what's the deal with the water aid kiosks? Will they fill any bottle or only one of the Water Aid ones? I've never been sure so again stuck to the taps (although saying that I might have filled a bottle at one once...)

8 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

We got ours in 2016, and they were on sale at a limited number of bars. As far as I know they were available pretty much everywhere in 2017, I’d imagine it’ll be the same this year. 

Cheers, still managed to miss them! Will look harder. Saw people with them just never spotted on sale.

Guess that's my point though really. If people have to look for them then they are less likely to use them so would like to see more of a concerted push on this too.  

Edit: just googled and apparently you could get them at "more than half" the bars in 2017. Hopefully that will increase in 2019.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just noticed in the Glastonbury statement that they said drinking water is available at all the bars - has that always been the case? I've always queued at the taps thinking that was the only place! Wish I'd known if so.

Also what's the deal with the water aid kiosks? Will they fill any bottle or only one of the Water Aid ones? I've never been sure so again stuck to the taps (although saying that I might have filled a bottle at one once...)

I asked for a cup full of ice on the mega hot day in 2017 and wasn't charged for it. I had money in my hand, but it was free.