Camping info please, best field and place to park

Kimberly84

13 minutes ago, Kimberly84 said:

Hi, it’s going to be our first time at Leeds, any info on the best field to camp would be great? How many car parks are there? We after safest place and somewhere that goes bit quieter at night and not to busy, Should we bring the little truck to help carry everything? Thanks 

If you want a quieter campsite then Green/Brown is the best place to be. Last year they didn't have Brown (which is the quietest and furthest from the arena), and in 2015 they had neither Green nor Brown (which made Purple the quietest), but in 2016 they had both so it's hard to say what they will have this year until the official 2018 site map comes out. Basically the quietest would be Brown, then Green and then Purple.

Yeah bringing a little truck isn't a bad idea if you've got one, it really depends how much you're bringing. I tend to fit everything in my 70l backpack with maybe one or two smaller bags to carry by hand. If you're parking there then it's not a bad idea to do two trips - the first bringing in the tent/essentials to set up and then go back a second time for everything else.

If you're parking for the weekend then you'll get directed to one of the Red Car Parks. They're all next to each other, and it's really just luck as to how close to the gate you can get.

Attached the 2017 map for reference, but as I say it may look a bit different this year.

DHdEcrGWsAAlfQa.thumb.jpg.a77c19bd2c5b358d074bb7aab2f44b5a.jpg

Ads by Kiosked

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

^ agree with all of that. 

You should get parked close enough that you can make two trips - take the camping gear in, one of you start setting up and the other go back for more.  Though be aware it can get very muddy and what looks like a 20 minute walk on a map can easily turn into 45 minutes when you're carrying stuff through mud - and trolleys aren't the ideal solution.  As said above it's fairly random where you end up parked due to the way they fill out the fields.

Judging by the backlash from the first announcement I think we can rule out Brown camp this year, and maybe even Green.  In 2016 they had Brown and it was quiet in terms of both noise (no DJ) and usage (plenty of space). In 2017 Green became where the quieter campers (like me) headed but still had a DJ, was busy, and was a mix of quieter campers and noisier ones who had arrived late.

The map won't come out until quite close to the time of the festival, partly because how much camping they need to provide is obviously driven by how many weekend tickets they sell.

That and whether they decide to have two main stages to fit in all the big names (joke, sorry).