Lollapalooza Berlin 2018

AAlex

I'll keep an eye on this but the two years I've been hasn't offered much in their second announcements... think 2016 had Temper Trap, Jagwar Ma and Nothing But Thieves and last year was "newcomers and future favourites".

It's a shame because there's some acts on the line up I'd really like to see this year, but neither headliner really does it for me.

Main Stage 1 

→ The Weekend
→ Kraftwerk 3D
→ Casper
→ Liam Gallagher
→ Dua Lipa
→ Years & Years
→ RIN
→ Lewis Capaldi
→ GURR
→ Mokoomba 

Artist Wine Garden Stage 

→ Helgen
→ Manuel Möglich
→ Thorsten Nagelschmidt
→ L.A. Salami
→ Hak Baker
→ Berliner Kneipenchor
→ Claudio Donzelli
→ Laura Carbone
→ David Keenan
→ Beranger
→ Kendy Gable
→ The Everettes
→ Apey

Edited by birchtree29

17 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Alternative Stage

→ Ferg
→ Von Wegen Lisbeth
→ Trettmann
→ The Wombats
→ Fink
→ Friendy Fires
→ Sofi Tukker
→ Jorja Smith
→ Wolf Alice
→ Fil Bo Riva
→ Alexis Tayler
→ Giant Rooks
→ The Night Game

Entire line ups out now, not a single name I recognise... was hoping something would justify me going but I think I'll definitely be giving it a miss this time.  

IMG_4410.JPG

IMG_4411.PNG

sad that Lolla didnt invest more into European editions of the brand, both Berlin and Paris have  pretty meh line ups, while South America gets massive names and overall strong both headliners and undercards....Really cant see why would anyone outside Berlin travel for this.

Edited by Andrej

Even through I live 20 mins away from that I do not see myself go there. There were some nice names like Ben Howard, The National and Wolf Alice - and now, beside them, the worst acts you can find - like the new "headliner" K.I.Z (ironic german gangster rap). That's a shame, it's like - we have this saying: pearls before the swine.

10 hours ago, Andrej said:

sad that Lolla didnt invest more into European editions of the brand, both Berlin and Paris have  pretty meh line ups, while South America gets massive names and overall strong both headliners and undercards....Really cant see why would anyone outside Berlin travel for this.

Totally agree on Berlin but not with Paris. Paris have 4 unique headliners with Depeche Mode, Gorillaz, The Killers and Travis Scott and also a stronger undercard with Noel Gallagher's HFB, Kasabian, Stereophonics, Excision and Diplo. It is different compared to South America because they are not a monopoly in Europe as they are in South America. 

I feel like for both editions, they got no clear vision as to who they wanted to book. They just booked whatever fell into their hands. You got something for the basic pop/radio people, for EDM, for rap, for rock, for German people itself etc.. Which is good ofcourse, but as a whole, this looks so empty to me..

I went in 2016 for a very specific few bands combined with a city trip. I think the first day we camped at the Alternative stage all day and the second day was basically one big waiting game for the legends of Radiohead lol. But stage hopping to see acts we really wanted to see is something we didn't do because of the long walks and for the insane amount of people on the ground. F.e. we wanted to see Paul Kalkbrenner after ODESZA but there was no way that we'd go back and forth, see the whole set and get back on time for New Order, ya feel me?

I kinda wanna do Paris just for one day but the whole logistical thing is a bit of a problem since I'd be traveling for a few hours either by bus or trains.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2018 at 11:14 AM, charlierc said:

The idea of a day with Kraftwerk, The National, Wolf Alice and Friendly Fires might be interesting, if I doubt it happening. In any case, when will day splits appear?

It's already there and it's bad for an act like ben howard to play in the evening. https://www.lollapaloozade.com/running-order/

Edited by with_tired_eyes

• 2 weeks later...