Common People - Oxford

McCor

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

If Rob's bagged the Streets and wasted em on this rather than his main event then that what be a spectacular misfire. Plan B sounds like a reasonable shout. 

Fair point. To be honest, lineups this year have been so off the mark of expectation, it could be anyone! Plan B and The Manics? Courteeners? 

Forgot Sparks were around in the early summer. Were fantastic on their run of shows last year, for a pair of gents knocking on.

Always get a little bit edgy about James as headliners. I have no doubt that they are not capable of it, and their Other Stage show in 2016 was one of my most enjoyable Glastonbury sets that year. But they do tend to be a bit... fastidious when it comes to their song choice. If they shut up and play the hits here, it'll be a hoot. If not, there will probably be a bit of buggeration about it.

• 2 months later...

We're thinking of going to this for one day on the Sunday, mainly to see Maximo Park/Ride/James.

Only logisitical challenge is we have a 3yo who will need to go to sleep in his buggy from about 8pm.  He's fairly well travelled as a festival baby (has done Reading at 6 months old, Latitude and three End of the Roads), it's all fine as long as there's a bit of space at the back of the crowd we can hang out in with his buggy.  Looking at the photos on the website the main stage looks to be rather hemmed in, bit of a sardines job. Is it as busy as it looks?

Thanks

Reading at 6 months?!? Blimey....thats brave. We did Latitude with our 12 month old and cop[ed well. However, Reading is a different thing altogether. Well done, sir.

I would also like an answer to the above question. And also.......looking at the park & ride services, it appears they usually stop at 8pmish on sundays. Tell me, do they extend these hours for this weekend? OR are we to have to get a taxi, which will be a ballache with a buggy etc. 

Thanks also lovely forum peeps.

• 1 month later...

Well.....this is in 3 days.....

My wife has been looking at Facebook reviews of this. It appears last year was a field of Druggy hell. Queues for the toilets due to the amount of coke that was being hoovered up. Security being as secure as a tory majority in Parliament. And other things. 

I'm not a prude. Drugs are all fine for oneself if that's what you wanna do. However, especially with cokeheads, the arsehole quota increases substantially when the Bolivian marching powder is around. So.......please answer my slight concerns. Its gonna be all nice and chilled, right? A bit of weed, some lsd to look at all the pretty colours etc, and not full of aggressive arse bags, right? 

Went on Saturday with kids (one currently  going through a Michael Jackson phase), got right at the front and she touched Marlons hand as he went past us, she was so chuffed. We were at the front from Boney M onwards - who were great fun. Shame NPG had technical issues delaying start as must of cut a couple of songs but great all the same! Only decided to go on Friday!