arctic monkey shows

eFestivals

9 hours ago, DR OK said:

It makes big shows even more likely. Foo fighters do arenas and stadiums every year and arctic monkeys have proven they are now in that sphere. I still think one Wembley/London stadium and one / two hillsboroughs but probably depends on uk festivals as they’ll want to do Glastonbury but if they can only get r&l they’ll struggle to do their own shows 

FF haven't put arenas on for ages, in the US maybe but it's a massively bigger country. As said they save it for the big shows outdoors or festivals as they know they can for the money...hell it took them long enough to accept Glasto and although very good it could have been much better.

Arctics aren't the scale of them worldwide yet but in the UK I'd agree most likely. By as many that's what I mean, 1 big London and 1 or 2 around where they are from. Tbf there is no room for an extra Manxhester date, they could add more Sheffield but one they probably want a few days break by then, it'll have been 12 shows and Sheffield as said is likely as a big outdoor.

As for Glastonbury, I think we all know it'll be the bands and Glastonbury 1st port of call, with the 50 coming up they are the easiest band they could book who love the fest and it'll have been 6 years, they will want to do what Muse have eventually and headline all 3 nights. 

Chances are that a couple of stadiums will be announced soon after their last arena tour and they'll be the Saturday headline announced when the tickets are sold out. I wouldn't imagined a Sheffield, London Stadium and LCCC would have too many problems shifting.

Just seen this on twitter (posted on Friday evening):

Any ideas? Could it be more dates from AM?

WKkJv6N8_normal.jpg Doncaster Sheffield (@DSA_Airport)
Missed out on Arctic Monkeys tickets today? Well don’t be Mardy…
Because we have an exciting announcement coming on Monday morning at 9am which you won’t want to miss!!
#ArcticMonkeys #Sheffield #FlyDSA @SheffieldArena @ArcticMonkeys pic.twitter.com/DPgTSMG9QG