arctic monkey shows

eFestivals

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Glad I got mine in the presale, that sale looked pretty brutal. They’ve probably shifted a quarter of a million tickets in under 20 minutes.

Still some seats for sale. Standing was obviously going instant. But that's the sign of a massive come back. £80 for top price seats at The 02, I bet they get close to £90 if they do outdoor next year.

BST, Reading and Glastonbury will slot it out for them but I can't see past them seeing stadium money and a Saturday night Glastonbury spot, they might even be asked to close the festival but the Saturday is the most watch headline set so makes sense and they'll take the less fee as they love it. They could even do late September shows use Glastonbury to make sure they sell.

Efestivals helps again! I had to get Sheffield tickets in the presale yesterday, due to not being able to get the Thursday off work for Newcastle. Just logged on here by chance and seen the post saying Friday in Newcastle had been added. By the time I got onto the ticket sites, they were all gone. Spent 10 minutes constantly refreshing, and nabbed to standing for the Friday eventually! Put my Sheffield tickets on Twickets, and cancelling my hotel. Will save me a small fortune. Delighted! 

Edited by Alan_C

Is there any band's fan base that's more at each other's throats than Arctic Monkeys'? All I've seen splashed of Twitter this morning is a bunch of self-entitled, ticket-less fans absolutely furious that some people with tickets might not be a big a fan as they supposedly are, or have liked the band for a shorter length of time. Pretty embarrassing really. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Is there any band's fan base that's more at each other's throats than Arctic Monkeys'? All I've seen splashed of Twitter this morning is a bunch of self-entitled, ticket-less fans absolutely furious that some people with tickets might not be a big a fan as they supposedly are, or have liked the band for a shorter length of time. Pretty embarrassing really. 

Libertines fans, when they first came back, boy oh boy were there some howling lads in skinny jeans and daft red jackets. 

1 hour ago, DR OK said:

That is an absolutely mammoth tour. Plenty of big outdoor shows next year looks highly probable 

Aye And with that Ill be putting a fair wack on Glasto when odds come out as 3/4 stadiums or more over R&L or BST in a no brainer for them now. Massive response as expected to be honest.

1 hour ago, DR OK said:

That is an absolutely mammoth tour. Plenty of big outdoor shows next year looks highly probable 

I woulda thought opposite? These extra shows will mop up a lot of demand. And when you look at last time, they only added one London date across the whole thing and then announced Finsbury Park after the tour.

2 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Efestivals helps again! I had to get Sheffield tickets in the presale yesterday, due to not being able to get the Thursday off work for Newcastle. Just logged on here by chance and seen the post saying Friday in Newcastle had been added. By the time I got onto the ticket sites, they were all gone. Spent 10 minutes constantly refreshing, and nabbed to standing for the Friday eventually! Put my Sheffield tickets on Twickets, and cancelling my hotel. Will save me a small fortune. Delighted! 

If it was my post, glad to help - I get plenty of leads from here!

Edit - I can see now I was beaten to it (I couldn't see the image on the post before mine earlier!)

Edited by WFD

Got myself a ticket from brum on the Sunday, came up with sold out but patiently refreshing and bagged one. Only needed the one so guess would have been harder for a group. Not the cheap seats but next level so happy with that. Also got culture club ticket today, which went on sale same time, without shelling out big money.

1 hour ago, DR OK said:

It makes big shows even more likely. Foo fighters do arenas and stadiums every year and arctic monkeys have proven they are now in that sphere. I still think one Wembley/London stadium and one / two hillsboroughs but probably depends on uk festivals as they’ll want to do Glastonbury but if they can only get r&l they’ll struggle to do their own shows 

Foo Fighters don't do full on arena tours anymore. They save it all for stadiums.

But I get the feeling that - unlike Foo Fighters - Arctic Monkeys aren't that bothered about playing big football stadiums. When they've played outdoor shows they've either been Finsbury Park and LCCC where it's more like their own festivals or Don Valley where they played in a tent, as the Hillsborough shows were meant to be. I think they could've easily done Wembley by now but they just don't seem motivated to do it.

Talking of LCCC; given that SJM put on a few gigs there every summer and the only venue that they haven't added dates at is Manchester Arena, I could see that being the plan and putting on a couple of big bills there again.

Edited by dentalplan