Neverworld (FKA LeeFest)

FestivalNewbie7

Yep, from Kent, still here! I like the idea of dressing up for this festival, sounds fun! I got early bird tickets for £79 so a bit of a bargain really!

Saw Clean Bandit at Glasto last year and they were good, quite a well known band for such a small event. Hadn't  heard of the other acts but have since listened and am quite enjoying Tom Grennan, Rae Morris, and Sub Focus :)

I'm at the other end, Dartford. 

Yeah, this looked like a festival that had a bit of everything, not just the music. Apart from Reading about 10 years ago, hadn't done a festival until Glasto last year which I loved, so I wanted to find an alternative... Neverworld looks a fraction of the size but hopefully just as entertaining!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We might go cos we also live in Kent (nr. Folkestone) and the kids love Bastille and Clean Bandit and missed out on the latter when their set was curtailed at YNOT last year!

We went to Leefest last year. It's a strange beast. It's more festival than music festival, everyone's in fancy dress, There's various dance stages in the woods. We went really cos Slaves were special guests on the main stage... and we just walked to the barrier 5 mins before they started!

Shame played on the second stage and it's in a tent with a capacity of about 100! So that was quite special in a way.

It's very small. Very relaxed (easy to smuggle beer in). But they let people take dogs which is a big turn off for me.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's still a few festivals which accept dogs.

Fair enough, not something I've seen before, seems a bit cruel to me with loud noises and big crowds. Maybe that's just my dog though, suppose its hard if you can't get cover for the weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went last year for the first time and loved it. It had a lovely small, intimate, local festival feel but with a real diverse line up - pop, rock, indie, metal, acoustic, drum n bass, dubstep, garage, house, disco, cabaret, comedy, games, quizzes, kids club... over about 10 stages/tents/areas, which is quite a feat for a 5000 capacity festival!

Lots of dressing up but by no means compulsory if not your thing. I much preferred it to corporate giants such as Latitude, R&L, IOW etc but it's less than an hour away and we got our tickets when they were on earlybird prices so that helps!

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, FestivalNewbie7 said:

I went last year for the first time and loved it. It had a lovely small, intimate, local festival feel but with a real diverse line up - pop, rock, indie, metal, acoustic, drum n bass, dubstep, garage, house, disco, cabaret, comedy, games, quizzes, kids club... over about 10 stages/tents/areas, which is quite a feat for a 5000 capacity festival!

Lots of dressing up but by no means compulsory if not your thing. I much preferred it to corporate giants such as Latitude, R&L, IOW etc but it's less than an hour away and we got our tickets when they were on earlybird prices so that helps!

It looks really nice. Quite an interesting and varied line up too and I really like the idea of how all the different stages have a different theme, it just looks so imaginative and cool!

Thinking about trying to sandwich this in between Truck and Sziget, but we fly out for Sziget on the 6th and if this ends on the 4th I would probably collapse from exhaustion when I arrive in Budapest so don't know if its manageable. Not too bothered about it being £160- it seems worth that, and it's not too far away to travel for me either.

2 hours ago, FestivalNewbie7 said:

Also, what sort of themes are the dressing up? Just interested!

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

It looks really nice. Quite an interesting and varied line up too and I really like the idea of how all the different stages have a different theme, it just looks so imaginative and cool!

Thinking about trying to sandwich this in between Truck and Sziget, but we fly out for Sziget on the 6th and if this ends on the 4th I would probably collapse from exhaustion when I arrive in Budapest so don't know if its manageable. Not too bothered about it being £160- it seems worth that, and it's not too far away to travel for me either.

I'm off to Boomtown on the 7th so I'm going to take Neverworld fairly easy. Most of the music ends around 1am anyway (it's advertised later than that but they had council issues last year with noise limits - didn't spoil it for me as I'm usually back in my tent by then anyway!) and Sunday the 4th is 'going home day' so it's definitely doable! 

A lot of people moan about the cost, but considering how many acts you get to see, it's a real bargain! Plus it's not like you're at Glastonbury amongst a crowd of 100,000 struggling to see anything, you can get right to the front quite easily. 

The crowd were friendly too - met some lovely people who are all going back this year so I expect we'll all meet up again!