2018 - Any advice or help needed ?

ramragon

9 minutes ago, TheCarters said:

Anyone got an advice for the size of tents we should bring.  We have one (about 2.5m by 4.5m one) which our mates say should be fine but we don't want to be those twats with the massive tent.  Equally, I don't want a tiny 2 man pop up one cos I'm too old for naps in the day in something that small when its hot :)

Loads of big tent twats as u put it ! You will be fine 

22 minutes ago, TheCarters said:

Anyone got an advice for the size of tents we should bring.  We have one (about 2.5m by 4.5m one) which our mates say should be fine but we don't want to be those twats with the massive tent.  Equally, I don't want a tiny 2 man pop up one cos I'm too old for naps in the day in something that small when its hot :)

be those twats with the massive tent

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 1:53 PM, gorfield said:

yep - you can put as many tents as you want as long as it all fits on  the pitch ( 7m x 7m) we had about 7 tenst with us last year with 3 vans

Probably overthinking this massively ... but how does it work when you both come in separate vehicles? I'll be coming with my BF and daughter in our car and my dad is going in his camper.

The plan was to pitch our tent next to my Dad's camper-van in our 7x7 pitch. I have a car park ticket too. 

Presuming our car won't fit in our pitch after the camper-van and tent are there, do you reckon it would be ok parking up in the main car park and walking down? 

On 7/21/2018 at 7:45 PM, LucyLaud said:

2.Some of us are still 17, will we still be okay taking drink in that’s reasonably well hidden? 

Me and my mates were 17 when we went last year and security were pretty chilled, as long as you are confident and friendly they won't bother, keep it tucked away in your bag though and make sure they don't see it on you. They're more bothered about substances rather than drink IMO so don't panic ?

Afternoon - not long now :-)

A few first time questions - 

We are in Emperors.  When we arrive (on Thursday), we park up, grab our tent and do we pick anywhere in the field, or do you follow on from the tents already there (like when you go to park up in a carpark and you are directed to the next space?.  Just trying to see where from the map we would like to be.

On the map it doesn't show where the toilets are in Emperors or if there's any food traders for that area (I thought there was but could be wrong), is this just due to the limited space on the map?

Is the carpark for Emporers likely to be just below the area marked on the map (but not on show due to space?)

Do i need to decant my gin from the glass bottle purchased in, into a plastic bottle?

Can you hire a wheelbarrow to shift your stuff (approx price if so?).

Thank you all, can't wait to get in the fields :-)

36 minutes ago, Jaxi said:

Afternoon - not long now :-)

A few first time questions - 

We are in Emperors.  When we arrive (on Thursday), we park up, grab our tent and do we pick anywhere in the field, or do you follow on from the tents already there (like when you go to park up in a carpark and you are directed to the next space?.  Just trying to see where from the map we would like to be. 

Yes Pick anywhere in the field it is up to you. Personally we like to go about 50 yards from the arena entrance but the closer you are to there the more hemmed in you are.

On the map it doesn't show where the toilets are in Emperors or if there's any food traders for that area (I thought there was but could be wrong), is this just due to the limited space on the map? 

I have tried to finish the map (poorly!) below

Is the carpark for Emporers likely to be just below the area marked on the map (but not on show due to space?)

Do i need to decant my gin from the glass bottle purchased in, into a plastic bottle?

Yes definitely no glass

Can you hire a wheelbarrow to shift your stuff (approx price if so?).

Never seem them in Emperors but we are the next field??

Thank you all, can't wait to get in the fields :-)

See you in the fields!!!

image.png.4d83b900babf52e0476cb7f1ed06a36c.png

3 hours ago, DD Kilcoy said:

Probably overthinking this massively ... but how does it work when you both come in separate vehicles? I'll be coming with my BF and daughter in our car and my dad is going in his camper.

The plan was to pitch our tent next to my Dad's camper-van in our 7x7 pitch. I have a car park ticket too. 

Presuming our car won't fit in our pitch after the camper-van and tent are there, do you reckon it would be ok parking up in the main car park and walking down? 

You are not allowed to park a car if its not towing something so you will have to use the car park and walk over I am afraid.

• Like 1

Hi

I've purchased a pre pitched tent through Ticketline, however on the ticket it shows as only being valid from the Friday to the Sunday, however alongside the Weekend Camping ticket, I've purchased a Thursday entry ticket, does anyone know if I will be allowed access to the tent on the Thursday, to save having to bring along a tent for the sake of 1 night? Cheers

49 minutes ago, cantona22 said:

Hi

I've purchased a pre pitched tent through Ticketline, however on the ticket it shows as only being valid from the Friday to the Sunday, however alongside the Weekend Camping ticket, I've purchased a Thursday entry ticket, does anyone know if I will be allowed access to the tent on the Thursday, to save having to bring along a tent for the sake of 1 night? Cheers

Yes as long as you have bought Thursday entry you can use your pre pitched tent

43 minutes ago, Logan1996 said:

Bit off topic from the festival (sorry) but we're travelling from west wales and was planning on doing our festival shop for booze etc.. up in kendal area. Is there a decent sized tesco/morrisons near by the festival site?

Festival isn’t near Kendal really! You could drive up to Penrith junction 40 of the m6 there is a Morrison’s . There is also a co op in shap 4 miles from festival 

23 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Festival isn’t near Kendal really! You could drive up to Penrith junction 40 of the m6 there is a Morrison’s . There is also a co op in shap 4 miles from festival 

Just as an aside....the shelves are Morrison’s in Penrith were pretty depleted yesterday.....i’d Stop off before if I was you

Hi, bit of advice please. First time at KC . Only just starting to plan as I've been mad busy, oversight on my behalf (I'm a grown man, I'll get over it), the Thursday access stuff had completely passed me by. We therefore just have the standard weekend tickets. Can I just confirm that this means I'm not allowed into the campsite even until Friday AM?

Also, those who are KC regulars, what time do acts start on the Friday?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Logan1996 said:

Bit off topic from the festival (sorry) but we're travelling from west wales and was planning on doing our festival shop for booze etc.. up in kendal area. Is there a decent sized tesco/morrisons near by the festival site?

There's one about 2 miles from the motorway in Preston. I'd use that 

Hi it’s my first time going to Kendal Calling this year. So excited!!

We have a weekend general admission ticket and parking. Looking for advice on when best to travel to the site. Someone has told us you need to get their by 7am or else you’ll have massive queues so is this right?

We’re also looking to pitch in the Great Holme area with a 4 man tent. Does this area get impossible to pitch in by a certain time? 

23 hours ago, gorfield said:

You are not allowed to park a car if its not towing something so you will have to use the car park and walk over I am afraid.

Brill thanks. 

I saw you wrote on another post saying you took 7 tents and 3 vans lol. Did you ever have trouble getting into the live-in campsite with so many people and one ticket? 

Only wondering if it's gonna be an issue when i park up in the car park and our tickets is going to be in the campervan already inside the live-in area? 

13 minutes ago, DD Kilcoy said:

Brill thanks. 

I saw you wrote on another post saying you took 7 tents and 3 vans lol. Did you ever have trouble getting into the live-in campsite with so many people and one ticket? 

Only wondering if it's gonna be an issue when i park up in the car park and our tickets is going to be in the campervan already inside the live-in area? 

You can camp a tent or 2 next to live in vehicle normally with no problem. We've done it past 2 years and I've got a tent next to my friends campervan again this year. 

You'll need your tickets to get into the festival though, so your mate will have to give them to you before or come out and meet you with them I'm guessing. .

• Like 1