2018 - Any advice or help needed ?

ramragon

On 7/13/2018 at 9:13 AM, Jules13 said:

Hi... is there a site map available?

Thanks

Last year they emailed a pack with it around a week before, so should be out by the end of this week.

Here's last year's, only changes I know of is that family camping is moving to Tangerine fields (I think) and the new Great Plains site is next to Deer Lodge

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Nope. But it won’t be pretty !

#bringthewellies

Wellies will be coming regardless, but just wondering whether it might be worth taking some trainers as well.

They're suspiciously good at the moment that's all, 18-20 degrees and mostly sunshine, might wait until a week away to be a bit more confident

Gazebo? Yes or No?

Can't see that this has been mentioned so apologies if I have missed it.

There is a group of us going so it's not going to take up any more space as we would all be camped in a circle anyhoo however I have seen on the website they say no to them. Are they that p!$$y about them?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am new to this forum and just need a few questions answering and it would be much appreciated.

Its my first time at the festival and will be travelling via a transit van so we can fill up with all our gear. We have paid for parking and wanted to know if they are fine with vans parking in the car park? It doesn’t say on the ticket or website if it is only cars. I don’t fancy driving up from Sheffield and having to go back because we can’t get in. Also can you make more than one trip back to the car park for bags etc? 

Cheers 

45 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Hi, I am new to this forum and just need a few questions answering and it would be much appreciated.

Its my first time at the festival and will be travelling via a transit van so we can fill up with all our gear. We have paid for parking and wanted to know if they are fine with vans parking in the car park? It doesn’t say on the ticket or website if it is only cars. I don’t fancy driving up from Sheffield and having to go back because we can’t get in. Also can you make more than one trip back to the car park for bags etc? 

Cheers 

yes you will be fine with travelling in your van (as long as you don't try to sleep in it!) and you can make many trips back and forth. Some people have trouble with security doing this but generally because they give them lip and attitude! Security also get a lot more chilled as the weekend goes so might be worth leaving some of your beers in the van and get them on Saturday morning etc

11 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

yes you will be fine with travelling in your van (as long as you don't try to sleep in it!) and you can make many trips back and forth. Some people have trouble with security doing this but generally because they give them lip and attitude! Security also get a lot more chilled as the weekend goes so might be worth leaving some of your beers in the van and get them on Saturday morning etc

Nice one, thanks for this!! 

4 minutes ago, Tom_Aspinall16 said:

Wondering about the acceptable amount of alcohol that is allowed. I am taking my friends beer in aswell due to them coming in a separate car and won’t have room. Is this allowed ? We won’t be bringing a lot but enough for the weekend for all of us. Probably some crates with spirits in the rucksack.

Just no glass. No chance of getting glass bottles in.

probably worth following robs advice above but never had a problem with more than one trip in carrying booze.

First time doing Kendal this year, and I'm just wondering what it's like getting from stage to stage? Where's best to camp for those wanting to go pretty hard every day? And what's the crack with the Glow stage, obviously loads of dj's are on, but it's not on the clashfinder so is it like they play on till later or is it on at the same time everything else is?

6 minutes ago, KingPin said:

First time doing Kendal this year, and I'm just wondering what it's like getting from stage to stage? Where's best to camp for those wanting to go pretty hard every day? And what's the crack with the Glow stage, obviously loads of dj's are on, but it's not on the clashfinder so is it like they play on till later or is it on at the same time everything else is?

1. KC is really compact, 15 minutes slow amble would get you Chai Wallahs to Eden (which are probably the 2 furthest from each other)

2. Wolf Woods, right next to the Arena Entrance and Glow Stage. Warning though if you can grow facial hair you may feel a bit out of place!

3. Glow doesn't tend to start until early evening with headlines generally on after Main stage closes. I think it closes at either 3 or 4am 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

1. KC is really compact, 15 minutes slow amble would get you Chai Wallahs to Eden (which are probably the 2 furthest from each other)

Oh that's cool, so it's good for stage hopping then if you're not feeling whatever you're watching?

2. Wolf Woods, right next to the Arena Entrance and Glow Stage. Warning though if you can grow facial hair you may feel a bit out of place!

Been having that issue at Leeds fest for a few years now, doesn't really both us, as long as people can put up with us idiots staying up until sunrise every day it's fine.

3. Glow doesn't tend to start until early evening with headlines generally on after Main stage closes. I think it closes at either 3 or 4am 

Ah ok that's cool thanks.

Does camp fill up quickly? Travelling from Manchester so it'd be good to have an idea of how early to set off.

. KC is really compact, 15 minutes slow amble would get you Chai Wallahs to Eden (which are probably the 2 furthest from each other)

Oh that's cool, so it's good for stage hopping then if you're not feeling whatever you're watching?

Yep brilliant for that, my joints are knackered and I manage to see a band on every stage at some point or other (with liquid fuel of course!)

Been having that issue at Leeds fest for a few years now, doesn't really both us, as long as people can put up with us idiots staying up until sunrise every day it's fine. 

I doubt you will be in the minority in that field to be honest, enter main gate and head right you will be sound

Ah ok that's cool thanks.

Does camp fill up quickly? Travelling from Manchester so it'd be good to have an idea of how early to set off.

It can do but like anywhere really, you coming on Thursday or Friday? Thursday no issues, Friday you might be a bit snug but you will find somewhere. There is an additional area this place has lower down, always looks more spacious as has a bit of drainage issues but won't be a concern this sunny year!

• Like 1

The qoute boxes are broken so lets start again aha.

1. That's cool, speaking of liquid fuel, what are the ques for the bar like, prices, and what's on offer?

2. Ah cheers, gather the walk isn't the worse?

3. coming on Thursday, gotta get my boogie on for the Hacienda Classical of course ;) Whilst I agree it's going to be glorious, I learnt from my first Leeds to camp at the top of hills with the enterance facing downhil :lol:

Cheers for all the replies, the excitement is starting to build!

4 hours ago, MattMcClary said:

What's the deal with trolleys hire at KC?   I've got a 7 year old and we've been going to Deershed for the last 5 years and Mr Trolley is always there renting trolleys to get our gear from the car to campsite.   Is there something same/similar at KC? 

They do but in your shoes I would be tempted to hire a rent boy. They will carry all your stuff for you. 

Ps as much as this sounds both crude and ridiculous, they do in fact exist

5 hours ago, KingPin said:

The qoute boxes are broken so lets start again aha.

1. That's cool, speaking of liquid fuel, what are the ques for the bar like, prices, and what's on offer?

2. Ah cheers, gather the walk isn't the worse?

3. coming on Thursday, gotta get my boogie on for the Hacienda Classical of course ;) Whilst I agree it's going to be glorious, I learnt from my first Leeds to camp at the top of hills with the enterance facing downhil :lol:

Cheers for all the replies, the excitement is starting to build!

Generally £4.20ish a pint for real ale inc the 2 real ale tents, lager I think is cans but wouldn't be sure on £. Always a spirits tent or 2 but not sure what this year. And strongbow tower is similar £ to ale

Hi,

Heading to KC for the first time with a few families with kids for age 5 up.  My friends want to camp in Great Holmes as its nearer the arena etc. I think we would be better in the Family area, an advice on how busy/rowdy Great Holmes can get?

Cheers Mike

Hi, first time at KC this year, just wondering

1.how does it work if you get dropped off there rather than having a car for the weekend, me and my pals are just getting a lift from parents since we all want to drink all weekend, will we be able to get parked anywhere and go back and forth with bags or will we have to just get dropped at the entrance and walk up with all our stuff in one go? 

2.Some of us are still 17, will we still be okay taking drink in that’s reasonably well hidden? 

3. Any general tips on saving money, keeping your stuff safe etc? 

Thanks ?

50 minutes ago, LucyLaud said:

Hi, first time at KC this year, just wondering

1.how does it work if you get dropped off there rather than having a car for the weekend, me and my pals are just getting a lift from parents since we all want to drink all weekend, will we be able to get parked anywhere and go back and forth with bags or will we have to just get dropped at the entrance and walk up with all our stuff in one go? 

2.Some of us are still 17, will we still be okay taking drink in that’s reasonably well hidden? 

3. Any general tips on saving money, keeping your stuff safe etc? 

Thanks ?

You will get dropped at the drop-off point where you will need to take all your stuff, the gate is about 100yard walk from there. If you are struggling you may want to chip in for a sherpa at this point. 

Anyone got an advice for the size of tents we should bring.  We have one (about 2.5m by 4.5m one) which our mates say should be fine but we don't want to be those twats with the massive tent.  Equally, I don't want a tiny 2 man pop up one cos I'm too old for naps in the day in something that small when its hot :)