2018 - Any advice or help needed ?

ramragon

1 hour ago, blue6field said:

Quick question .

what are the showers like in emperors fields? my wife and daughter are coming with me this year and I’d like to be able to give them a heads up to what to expect

thanks in advance?

The other half uses them every year and they aren’t too bad and generally pretty clean. She gets up and goes about 7/7.30ish and has never had to queue longer than 5 minutes or so at that time.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tom_Aspinall16 said:

I’m just wondering about the tickets. My friend has received her ticket and it comes with a named side joined to the actual ticket. Does it matter if it has a different name ? Like if you have bought it from someone ?

Nope. Will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Emperor’s field question. My friend bought my Emperor’s ticket for me on the 1st release. We won’t be travelling to the festival together as I’ll be heading in on Thursday and she’ll be at work Friday. Do I need to get hold of a parking pass or can I pick one up on the day. I was lead to believe parking was included with Emperor’s but the website says you get one pass for every 4 Emperor’s tickets bought and if you need more you have to purchase them at the time of booking.....

3 hours ago, Globalist said:

Given the Calling Out tent is apparently going to be bigger, does anyone know if the House Party will be too? As good as the concept of it is, it's a bit of a nightmare when it's busy and far too hot.

Have we actually had it confirmed that the Calling Out is growing? I cannot see official confirmation anywhere and I'd argue that their lineup is weaker than previous years.

40 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Have we actually had it confirmed that the Calling Out is growing? I cannot see official confirmation anywhere and I'd argue that their lineup is weaker than previous years.

Was there not an email about it? Fairly sure there was, but could be wrong!

If the line-up as it stands is the final thing (which you'd imagine it is), it'l be spread incredibly thinly to cover the Calling Out and Main Stage. You'd have been expecting at least another half a dozen or so reasonably well known acts even as it was, but with a bigger CO capacity it's going to seem a bit empty for the majority of the weekend.

5 hours ago, Globalist said:

Was there not an email about it? Fairly sure there was, but could be wrong!

If the line-up as it stands is the final thing (which you'd imagine it is), it'l be spread incredibly thinly to cover the Calling Out and Main Stage. You'd have been expecting at least another half a dozen or so reasonably well known acts even as it was, but with a bigger CO capacity it's going to seem a bit empty for the majority of the weekend.

If the amazons are the same time as Run DMC that'll be the only time it's close to full. Maybe pale waves too

First time for me and a group of friends. A few questions if someone doesnt mind answering (sorry if they have been asked and i missed them) 

Staying in general camping is there showers there or do we have to pay for the soap opera to shower? 
Smuggling alcohol into arena? Absolute nightmare or ok as long as your not obvious?? 
Average walk from car park to camping (think we are in the quiet area and arriving friday lunch time) 

Rough prices for drinks in the arena around £5 i guess? is it tokens or just card 

Thanks in advance im sure i have more questions to follow ??

2 hours ago, scottielass said:

First time for me and a group of friends. A few questions if someone doesnt mind answering (sorry if they have been asked and i missed them) 

Staying in general camping is there showers there or do we have to pay for the soap opera to shower? 

There used to be pay2go ones at about £4 but there are water points everywhere and you are at a festival!

Smuggling alcohol into arena? Absolute nightmare or ok as long as your not obvious?? 

Yes and no, be clever and walk in behind a bunch of young egits who will attract all the security attention. 

Average walk from car park to camping (think we are in the quiet area and arriving friday lunch time) 

5/10 mins maybe? 

Rough prices for drinks in the arena around £5 i guess? is it tokens or just card 

Cash and Card, £4.20 for real ale, £5 for lager cider if you must. 

Tried my best, please feel free to pose anything else

Making my first visit to KC this year and it’ll be the kids’ first proper festival - ages 3 and 4. 

We’ll be there Thursday morning. will we be able to explore the arena before things kick off in the evening or is it shut until later in the day??

cheers

29 minutes ago, greavsy said:

Making my first visit to KC this year and it’ll be the kids’ first proper festival - ages 3 and 4. 

We’ll be there Thursday morning. will we be able to explore the arena before things kick off in the evening or is it shut until later in the day??

cheers

Closed until 3/4ish if same as previous years

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I have 2 general and one Emporers car parking passes if anyone needs one. Free of course. 

We haven't booked any car parking yet - can you explain the difference is?

If either of these are suitable for me, I'd love to take one off your hands!

On 7/13/2018 at 9:03 AM, DannyEvo said:

We haven't booked any car parking yet - can you explain the difference is?

If either of these are suitable for me, I'd love to take one off your hands!

Hi Danny. The Emporers car park pass is now gone. If you’re camping in the general campsite, you’ll need a car park pass. 

On 7/11/2018 at 4:51 PM, scottielass said:

No showers in the general camping unless you buy a package, no idea if you can turn up and pay. 

Smuggling alcohol is definitely doable, but you have to hide it well/not look like the type to smuggle booze. 

Camping to car park can be a distance and there's some hefty hills involved

Not tokens for drinks, think some bars had card facilities but not reliable. Cant remember how much exactly but seem to think it was pricey. 

Enjoy xxx

12 hours ago, bexj said:

Camping to car park can be a distance and there's some hefty hills involved

An honest view there! Emperors can also be a trek but without the hills, all depends on when you get there and how full the fields are.  I was shocked at how far away some people had to park for general

• Upvote 1