Haven't been since 2012 - How much has changed?

sinc72

Really enjoyed going back in 2012 and considering going again this year. I'm aware the size of the festival has got a lot bigger and possibly the demographic? Just wondering if it has impacted on the festival at all.

Our group is all early 30s and the prospect of spending a weekend with lots of teenagers sounds like hell tom me!

I'e been going since 2011, you'll find that it'll feel a lot bigger than the old days, although getting round the arena isn't a chore though. Theyve got rid of a lot of the dead areas they had back then like around by calling out was and where the vintage clothes stalls were. It will feel a lot busier and if you were in emperors then these days you can't park by your tent. 

They've opened up a lot of areas to accommodate extra people and thin the crowds, woodland stages will be new to you. 

Essentially it will feel the same but on a much bigger scale 

29 minutes ago, ramragon said:

I'e been going since 2011, you'll find that it'll feel a lot bigger than the old days, although getting round the arena isn't a chore though. Theyve got rid of a lot of the dead areas they had back then like around by calling out was and where the vintage clothes stalls were. It will feel a lot busier and if you were in emperors then these days you can't park by your tent. 

They've opened up a lot of areas to accommodate extra people and thin the crowds, woodland stages will be new to you. 

Essentially it will feel the same but on a much bigger scale 

Cheers for the reply. I was a bit concerned that it may have gone the way of Leeds and TITP but maybe this line up might lessen that to an extent.

Im all for the yout having a bit of fun but if theyre considerably in the majority it does changes the atmosphere of the place. In 2012 it was mainly 20s/30s and family groups as far as I can remember.

For me there's actually a lot this year that I would enjoy, about 5-6 everyday so all good!

It's still a lot of families and similar stages to the early days, the after hours scene is very similar as well with riot jazz, chai wallahs (bit like the kaylied stage) and a few others on till about 3am. General camping is a bit rowdier these days but they've made more defined camping areas within it for noisy, family and quiet